GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Atleast 2 of the Bruins goals where from Bruins players who were left wide open on the other side of the net as the defencement were standing around UPL and 3 others skating into the picture from behind as the pucks in the net....

One goal UPL was beat glove side by a shooter in alone. He should have had that one but we also shouldn't have given up that shooting lane.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s entirely on the Sabres to correct. We’ve been season ticket holders for decades and while we give the tickets to relatives and friends rather than sell them, I resolved not to attend another game in person when they lost 3-0 to Philly at home back in January. And I won’t until I’m convinced they have re-earned my in person patronage. They are one of the worst home teams in the league. And that’s just not our fault as fans.

I can’t blame my fellow ticket holders for selling them and recouping some of the cost. I see many Boston fans sitting in seats surrounding ours where normally people we’ve known for years would be sitting. When the Sabres are back, the fans will be as well. In the meantime, letter from Dahlin just aren’t gonna cut it.

Why would the Sabres care about 'correcting' that issue? The Pegulas got their money when the season tickets were sold

And its been going on for Decades, even when teh Sabres were good that the arena would fill with Leafs fans and some of the other big teams fans because Sabres fans are always looking to recoup the cost of the Season tickets by selling the hot games to opposing teams fans.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah but the doom posters will say the teams play sucks, when its a goalie letting you down mostly.

The problem is that “posters say” is a thing,*at all*. There’s nothing wrong with a more nuanced stance. The need to defend one side so blindly is so fruitless 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 2

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

You're telling me that, after 12 years of embarrassment, the team once again shits its pants when things get real, and their hated rival comes in and embarrasses them in a building invaded by fans of this hated rival, and people are reacting negatively to this?! Well that's silly of them. 

You have to be all in on what is happening because the future is here and all is fine. The Parade is a ready being planned by some on this board. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah but the doom posters will say the teams play sucks, when its a goalie letting you down mostly.

The guys in front of the goalies deserve a lot of blame too.  For instance, on the 3rd goal, two guys converged on the puck-carrier and left the goal scorer wide open in the slot.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Marvin said:

The guys in front of the goalies deserve a lot of blame too.  For instance, on the 3rd goal, two guys converged on the puck-carrier and left the goal scorer wide open in the slot.

Rinse and repeat....defense needs to neutralize high threat scoring opportunities...from the slot!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Killed off us old time supporters 

Fire Adams

Tons of Prospects for new GM to trade. He will have a decent draft situation now to add his player Prospects.

Sends MESSAGE Playoffs are NOT a Option, we EXPECT IT.  🙄

Adams sets this as we are Developing, Has Rochester full and secondary markets FULL of Players. Sets up it's OK TO LOSE

Really LOOK at this team, one of my best friends is a Bruins fan, he thinks Buffalo is "B" for Bruins. He said Brady could lace up and "B" Sabres too. Found it kind of funny but couldn't laugh cause "THIS" SUCKS!

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

You're telling me that, after 12 years of embarrassment, the team once again shits its pants when things get real, and their hated rival comes in and embarrasses them in a building invaded by fans of this hated rival, and people are reacting negatively to this?! Well that's silly of them. 

This is what I mean. I agree, there’s *REALLY* room to feel 2 things at once, to have more than one stringent viewpoint. I see a lot of positives in the plan, and understand the long game. You can do that and, gasp, still root for your team to WIN, the point of the game, in the only moment that actually exists and be upset when you were super excited for at least a fight at the playoffs after TWELVE years (I actually think we become desensitized to how long that is) and we aren’t even getting that chase.

saying the plan has failed is one extreme. The “process” talk in light of 10 losses in a row is certifiably the other 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah but UPL always crouches down to the ice when he sees a shot, top net for such a big goalie should be more covered.

• Agree 1

Just now, TRIP65 said:

Fire Adams

Tons of Prospects for new GM to trade. He will have a decent draft situation now to add his player Prospects.

Sends MESSAGE Playoffs are NOT a Option, we EXPECT IT.  🙄

Adams sets this as we are Developing, Has Rochester full and secondary markets FULL of Players. Sets up it's OK TO LOSE

Really LOOK at this team, one of my best friends is a Bruins fan, he thinks Buffalo is "B" for Bruins. He said Brady could lace up and "B" Sabres too. Found it kind of funny but couldn't laugh cause "THIS" SUCKS!

nah

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why would the Sabres care about 'correcting' that issue? The Pegulas got their money when the season tickets were sold

And its been going on for Decades, even when teh Sabres were good that the arena would fill with Leafs fans and some of the other big teams fans because Sabres fans are always looking to recoup the cost of the Season tickets by selling the hot games to opposing teams fans.

Are you saying it is the fans’ fault? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.