GDT: Sabres at Flyers 3-17-2023 7pm MSG, WGR

spndnchz

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Anderson should not be on the ice in the third. But he absolutely should have been pulled at 3-0. This team needed a kick in the rear at the first intermission and instead they got more lackadaisical.

Donny doesn’t believe in pulling goalies. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This doesn't have to be true. For the 5 year span we were finishing in last place, every non Sabre team to finish in last made the playoffs the following season. 

If our coaching staff had any clue on implementing a defensive scheme that wouldn't get a high school coach laughed out of the room the talent is clearly there. If you switched coaches and put Torts behind the bench next year we would make the playoffs.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Donny doesn’t believe in pulling goalies. 

And that's just it. Last game he learned how to use the timeout. It worked -- they settled down and Krebs/Girgs combined to regain the 2-goal lead. This game, it's time to learn how to pull a goalie. (See if he learned from the 10-goal debacle.)

• Like (+1) 1

Well it’s officially over now. Sad we drop so many points to crappy teams.Greenwood is a plug. Stillman tries but no. 

Levi will hopefully be our goalie of the future. We need someone capable in the meantime. Some solid defense too. 

Progress is good. We will get there.

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think it’s time to admit that this is not an upset, Buffalo just isn’t that good. Big changes need to happen over the summer, including coaching

The Flyers are trash dude. Trash. The Sabres should not be losing to this joke of a team.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think it’s time to admit that this is not an upset, Buffalo just isn’t that good. Big changes need to happen over the summer, including coaching

I can't go through that again. I'm too old. I was 13 when the Sabres were born.

Just now, rickshaw said:

Well it’s officially over now. Sad we drop so many points to crappy teams.Greenwood is a plug. Stillman tries but no. 

Levi will hopefully be our goalie of the future. We need someone capable in the meantime. Some solid defense too. 

Progress is good. We will get there.

Progress? We are still probably picking in the top 10 yet again. 

What are they doing? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.