GDT: Sabres at Flyers 3-17-2023 7pm MSG, WGR

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

As pointless as it seems, I liked Girgensons being in front of the net on the PP at the end causing havoc.  IMHO, that is one change that I think we need next year that I don't think gets mentioned.  It would add a wrinkle to the PP to make it less predictable against well-structured defencive teams.  Those teams have caught up to us.

Yes, net front presence is lacking for sure.  I would also add that we lack a player with a cannon from the point, as other teams already know to defend against our one-timers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Give Philly some credit. That's two games they stuffed us in a locker. We don't match up.

Yep… Stifled us all night long… 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If the slide goes much longer, then I would shut down Dahlin, Samuelsson, and anyone else important who needs to heal for the rest of the season.

Also, now that we are seeing the results of it, I think it is clear that not rotating in Hinostroza, Asplund, etc. throughout the season for Peterka, Quinn, etc. just to rest the youngsters was a mistake.  They clearly have worn down physically and mentally and their effectiveness has correspondingly decreased.

I think this is a very astute observation. However, it’s a double edged sword. Play Asplund et al and our record suffers. Bench them and play Peterka and Quinn. Without rest we get this. I guess we still need depth. I thought we had it, but there’s work to be done.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Missed the game - though I wouldn’t say I missed it. What’s the story behind Peterka and Jost not playing? Hurt or idiotic lineup change as I thought they were two of our better forward lately??

Don’t know.  Jost was hurt a week ago and sat out a game. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

It’s not an excuse. It’s a fact. There is a difference. If they were all 13 would you say it’s an excuse? No one would. If their top 10 payers all went down to season ending injury in January would you say that’s an excuse? No reasonable person would. It’s a reality. They aren’t ready to win. They don’t have the physical or mental maturity or the goaltending. They don’t have 6 all star 30 year olds with Cup experience and Hasek in goal. They are where they are and still have a ton of room for improvement.

But the pressure is on Adams to deliver this off season and improve the team, for sure. 

I meant to say youth isn’t an excuse. Yeah room for improvement. Just be patient right🙄

i don’t feel Adams is going to make many changes in the off-season but i felt he wouldn’t do anything at the deadline but he did. He brought in some pretty tough hombres for some grit 🤣.  

Edited by Sidc3000

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Cant believe they're going to miss the playoffs.

Honestly  f you adams for not doing anything to help the team in goaltending.

Im so sick of this ***** ***** 

It looks like more than goaltending the past 10 games.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

I think this is a very astute observation. However, it’s a double edged sword. Play Asplund et al and our record suffers. Bench them and play Peterka and Quinn. Without rest we get this. I guess we still need depth. I thought we had it, but there’s work to be done.

True.  It is double-edged because it could have hurt us earlier.  Maybe a straight-up rotation keeps everyone fresher.   It is hard to tell.

That’s certainly seems like the ideal situation. I hate overacting, so I’m not gonna say we need to trade everyone, Fire the coach and gm etc. But finding competent depth so we can keep the boys fresher later should be a goal, along with defense and a bit-o-grit.

See what i did there being St Patrick’s day and all? Lol.

ok a lot more grit.

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It looks like more than goaltending the past 10 games.  

Goaltending is a problem but that’s not a clear or easily solution. If one is really good no one wants to let him go. 

But I agree with the above and I’d say it goes back more than 10 games. The whole defensive system, mentality, and talent (two way forward; top 4 defender who can check someone). 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Nobody will remember any steps forward by this team after the total collapse they had to end the season.

You probably won’t but lots of others here will. 

This has been the best season of the Pegula era for me.  I have hope right now that we are close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

That’s certainly seems like the ideal situation. I hate overacting, so I’m not gonna say we need to trade everyone, Fire the coach and gm etc. But finding competent depth so we can keep the boys fresher later should be a goal, along with defense and a bit-o-grit.

See what i did there being St Patrick’s day and all? Lol.

ok a lot more grit.

You forget, Adams got the “Bit-o-grit” with the super gritty Stillman and Greenway. 🙄🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.