GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can anyone play?  

Has there ever been a Sabres to develop as quickly as Cozens? .31 p/gp year 1, .48 p/gp year 2, .88 p/gp year 3

By what metric are you saying he developed quickest? Quickest to .88 ppg year 3? Imagine a fair few have done that. Eichel went from .69 ppg year 1 to .93 year 2. 

Quickest as in year-over-year turnaround going from a low-ish ppg to a high one? Imagine Thompson’s is more severe 

The biggest year 2-3 jump, specifically? It’s possible? 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Canes 6

Tampa 0

The Sabres softened them up, with help from Cooper, and Carolina pounded them today, even with a rested first line.  

Bench your best 3 forwards for a period and still get killed.  He was 0 for 4 on a back to back. That’s 5 or 6 losses in a row. 

I still don’t care. F Tampa.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Did not realize Stamkos, Kucherov and Point were stapled to the bench in the 3rd period of our game...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nhl-lightning-bench-stamkos-kucherov-point-3rd-period-vs-sabres-235315361.html

Apparently whatever message was being sent didn't get received as they got blasted 6-0 by the Hurricanes.

Edited by matter2003

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can anyone play?  

Has there ever been a Sabres to develop as quickly as Cozens? .31 p/gp year 1, .48 p/gp year 2, .88 p/gp year 3

Tage Thompson?

0.18 -> N/A -> 0.36 -> 0.87 -> 1.34

Alex Mogilny?

0.66 -> 1.03 -> 1.25 -> 1.65

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Tage Thompson?

0.18 -> N/A -> 0.36 -> 0.87 -> 1.34

Alex Mogilny?

0.66 -> 1.03 -> 1.25 -> 1.65

Similar trajectory for sure, but Cozens is 4 years younger and hit .88 at 21 to Tage's 24.

Mogilny is a different era, but was awesome.  Patty certainly helped. 

Who is driving Cozens' improvement but Dylan himself?  He isn't playing with star players, except the PP, and most of his production is at EV.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Similar trajectory for sure, but Cozens is 4 years younger and hit .88 at 21 to Tage's 24.

Mogilny is a different era, but was awesome.  Patty certainly helped. 

Who is driving Cozens' improvement but Dylan himself?  He isn't playing with star players, except the PP, and most of his production is at EV.

Fair points...I love Cozens and how he has developed...shocking we got him for 7 for $7.1 per versus the $8.5+ the Wings paid for Larkin...I think Cozens is the better player and has more upside than Larkin does and is 5 years younger.

20 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t even understand how it is tone deaf.  Nearly every parent has made that joke and got laughter.  It was light hearted.  MH doesnt get the benefit of the doubt because he spoke his mind when fans wanted the team to lose on purpose and they haven’t gotten over it.

This is from a few years ago but... Harrington has a well deserved rep for being a dick to kids. 

Also for the record CLEARLY the Sabres director of media relations is also shooing her away. Or instructing his staff person to do so.

It's a professional media setting and I don't blame Mike for trying to keep it that way.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • dislike 1

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is from a few years ago but... Harrington has a well deserved rep for being a dick to kids. 

Does anyone know what the kid is supposed to do?  Is there a Sabres handler with them.  Feels like someone dropped the ball regardless of Harrington jackassery. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Also for the record CLEARLY the Sabres director of media relations is also shooing her away. Or instructing his staff person to do so.

It's a professional media setting and I don't blame Mike for trying to keep it that way.

Not his job…

It was someone’s, maybe the director you mentioned.  Sabres were awful for a long time at this stuff.  Don’t know when this occurred but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was from a previous regime.  

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Not his job…

It was someone’s, maybe the director you mentioned.  Sabres were awful for a long time at this stuff.  Don’t know when this occurred but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was from a previous regime.  

I think Kid Takeover Day is a very recent promotion.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Is that the one where he CHASED the kid? Lol. Hope she's OK.

If Mike should leave the kids alone, the Sabres should follow suit. They don't exist to help promote the team.

My love grows. Mike me and WC Fields.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

What a truly terrible take that is both tone-deaf and heartless. 

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

After losing 11 of their last 12 to the Lightning, the Sabres have won 2 in a row...

There is something very wrong with that team. They looked gassed but it could be something else.  They’ve been abysmal in their last 10 games. I’m not planning the parade route just yet. 

14 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Rewatching the game... watching the Buffalo feed this time.  Impressions so far:  Once Tage scored the Sabres carried the play, both scoring and physically.  I think Stillman is a necessary piece of this team.  The hip check in the second period was fantastic.

Just saw the Hinostroza goal and I have to say I think there's some strong chemistry between Mitts and Cozens.  They kept that play alive a long time before the feed to Vinny.

Peterka is oh-so-close to breaking out.  It will happen, if not this season, next.

Which is why when Tuch comes back, Quinn should be added to that line.  That could be a treat to watch and actually help open some space for the Thompson line as teams aren't going to want that Cozens line just build up momentum every shift.

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What a truly terrible take that is both tone-deaf and heartless. 

Little girls shouldn't be encouraged to join a media scrum. How was she even supposed to see?

I'm guessing a poster's age will inform this debate. Some of us are an age where we truly were not the center of our families or the world when we were little. That has changed and not for the benefit of society IMHO.

50 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Which is why when Tuch comes back, Quinn should be added to that line.  That could be a treat to watch and actually help open some space for the Thompson line as teams aren't going to want that Cozens line just build up momentum every shift.

I could see a case for putting either Quinn or Tuch with Cozens and Mitts.  Either way, giving Quinn the 1st line minutes and eventually getting Tuch back is going to elevate our top two lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.