GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

7 hours ago, Night Train said:

The early posts in this thread are always entertaining. 

I  heard someone on WGR radio this past week state the Sabres were something like 37 points out of a playoff spot at this point last year. 

But why keep things in perspective ?  Goalie and D issues still present and yet here we are. 

It was a joke about the thread title.

Anyway great win marred by the atrocity of fighting in the NHL. Hope Buffalo saved some prayers for Riley.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

What a tool Harrington is criticizing Kids Day, the young performers, and the Sabres for promoting it… Even after being shamed for his Twitter post and deleting it like a convictionless coward… He couldn’t resist adding a shot with a qualifier in his last paragraph of today’s BN… Tool… If he were a player, Cooper would bench him for a few games, my bet.

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

What a tool Harrington is criticizing Kids Day, the young performers, and the Sabres for promoting it… Even after being shamed for his Twitter post and deleting it like a convictionless coward… He couldn’t resist adding a shot with a qualifier in his last paragraph of today’s BN… Tool… If he were a player, Cooper would bench him for a few games, my bet.

I think you guys just have an axe to grind regarding Harrington.  I didn’t take that as criticism at all.  It was the same kind of silly joke I would have made.  In fact, I chuckled and shared it with my wife when I read the tweet.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

Comrie wasn’t the difference, but easily his best game since October.

Mule looked a helluvalot more like himself as well, and that may have been Lyubushkin’s best game.

Glad to see he’s shaken off whatever was plaguing him in the first half.

***** Tampa. The tide is turning.

You are forgetting the “Lyubushkin game “  the last time vs Tampa.  
yes he was good yesterday as well

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think you guys just have an axe to grind regarding Harrington.  I didn’t take that as criticism at all.  It was the same kind of silly joke I would have made.  In fact, I chuckled and shared it with my wife when I read the tweet.  

I agree here , he was trying to be funny and it backfired on him.  As we all know, it’s easy to misconstrue someone intent on Twitter and message boards 

That being said - the kid doing the announcements  sure was fired up! You have to be the grumpiest of grumpy old men not to have enjoyed it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I like listening to the Hockey Guy. However, I'm not in the mood to listen to 37 minutes of his rankings. Where does he have Buffalo ranked? And who are the three lowest ranked teams? 

You can fast forward using the slider on the bottom.  Buffalo moved up from 15  to 13.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is that bad? I've never wanted to be like or think like everyone else.

I also like Jack Edwards.

I like you too.

No it’s good.  A good organization has some contrarian thinkers to prevent drinking the koolaid, group think. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Vinnie wasn’t having Mike’s nonsense…  

Like I said, you guys have an axe to grind.  There was nothing critical about Harringtons comment.  He made a joke about the energy the kid was displaying.  Like every other parent thats ever joked about their child’s sugar rush. FFS

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No it’s good.  A good organization has some contrarian thinkers to prevent drinking the koolaid, group think. 

We're an organization? Do we have pamphlets? Do we knock on doors? Who's having sex with the chicken?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Pimlach said:

It didn’t work but ok.  

I’ll take a period without Point, Kucherov and Stamkos.  I loved it.  

How did it not work? Tampa is solidly in the playoffs. When the season is over, they may have to play up to 2 months more of hockey. Why would you play your top line in the third, down by 3, in a game you don’t even need, when you play again tomorrow against a top team?

It was smart coaching.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Weave said:

Like I said, you guys have an axe to grind.  There was nothing critical about Harringtons comment.  He made a joke about the energy the kid was displaying.  Like every other parent thats ever joked about their child’s sugar rush. FFS

I don’t think it was mean-spirited, just, as I said, tone-deaf.

To the kid, a professional hockey journalist making that joke about a 10-year-old to thousands on social media is going to feel considerably different than Dad making that joke to Uncle Brian at the church picnic.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think it was mean-spirited, just, as I said, tone-deaf.

To the kid, a professional hockey journalist making that joke about a 10-year-old to thousands on social media is going to feel considerably different than Dad making that joke to Uncle Brian at the church picnic.

I can only imagine what the kids could find if they looked around the various comment sections on various social media. It's something the team and parents should have considered and probably did. 

I enjoyed the PA kid. I wouldn't want that style for real but damn we need a step up from the mortuary assistant we have now. 

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Perhaps I am predisposed to view absolutely everything Harrington writes/says/tweets in an unfavorable light.  

There’s a well-earned reason for that, and I am nowhere near alone in this viewpoint.  YMMV I suppose.  

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SwampD said:

How did it not work? Tampa is solidly in the playoffs. When the season is over, they may have to play up to 2 months more of hockey. Why would you play your top line in the third, down by 3, in a game you don’t even need, when you play again tomorrow against a top team?

It was smart coaching.

It didn’t work YESTERDAY.  

4 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Perhaps I am predisposed to view absolutely everything Harrington writes/says/tweets in an unfavorable light.  

There’s a well-earned reason for that, and I am nowhere near alone in this viewpoint.  YMMV I suppose.  

I'll bite. Why?

Because he's been tough on a historically bad franchise?

I think he balances out his fanboi colleague nicely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

We're an organization? Do we have pamphlets? Do we knock on doors? Who's having sex with the chicken?

No we are not an organization.   You understand exactly I said and meant, you just like to look at things from another angle.  

44 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It didn’t work YESTERDAY.  

At that point, they weren’t playing for yesterday. They have that luxury.

Edit: Not sure why the eye roll. If you add in the fact that none of them got injured in the third, as well, then you can say it did work yesterday, too.

Edited by SwampD
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.