NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

17 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Schenn was asked. He wanted to be back in BC to finish his career. He wasn’t going to the States again especially with his wife due a baby any day now. Canucks weren’t gonna move him anywhere else out of respect. 

They sent him across the country to Toronto.  How is that any different than sending him to Buffalo in terms of distance from his pregnant wife?

Vancouver would have turned down a late 2nd in favor of Toronto's late 3rd to keep Schenn less than 90 miles closer to BC?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

They sent him across the country to Toronto.  How is that any different than sending him to Buffalo in terms of distance from his pregnant wife?

Vancouver would have turned down a late 2nd in favor of Toronto's late 3rd to keep Schenn less than 90 miles closer to BC?

Schenn wasn’t going anywhere but A) Toronto, B) Edmonton, C) Calgary or D) Ottawa.

The Canucks respect Luke too much to do anything else. He wasn’t going to a team who wasn’t pretty much 💯 guaranteed to make the playoffs and A Canadian team.

Schenn will re-sign with Vancouver in the summer. 

Sorry he was never going to Buffalo.

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Schenn wasn’t going anywhere but A) Toronto, B) Edmonton, C) Calgary or D) Ottawa.

The Canucks respect Luke too much to do anything else. He wasn’t going to a team who wasn’t pretty much 💯 guaranteed to make the playoffs and A Canadian team.

It's ok I didn't want him anyway.

Kevin Bieksa just said and I quote, “we had guys who we added at the deadline and it ruined our team chemistry”

So it is a thing. 

Just now, Contempt said:

It's ok I didn't want him anyway.

Would’ve been awesome for the playoff run.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Although no one was considering Aho anywhere near the top 15. He was there for anyone until 35. Heck, the Sabres could've taken him at 21 (traded for Lehner) or 31 (traded for ROR).

Sure, fine.  Still leaves some top-end talent available they missed on.  

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Kevin Bieksa just said and I quote, “we had guys who we added at the deadline and it ruined our team chemistry”

So it is a thing. 

Would’ve been awesome for the playoff run.

I'll enjoy watching him in his natural environment. Losing in round one with the Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Marty Biron shows up on TSN Tradecentre to extol a 1-5 in each division for the playoffs, with 4-5 playing a best-of-3 so that you've got rest for everyone else and also dangle the carrot for more fanbases.

Homer.

I was liking what they were saying about how seeding should be changed to reward regular season performance 1-16 doesn’t sound horrible honestly but I’d like 1-8 at least 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was liking what they were saying about how seeding should be changed to reward regular season performance 1-16 doesn’t sound horrible honestly but I’d like 1-8 at least 

I also appreciated that this year in the East, as of right now, there's no difference between the 1-4 divisional matchups or the 1-8 Eastwide seeding.

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

With the intent to bring Schenn back, it's hard to believe that Vancouver would give up a better draft pick just to make Schenn happy.  It's straight-up malpractice.

With due respect, I still feel that Adams could have had Schenn if he wanted him. Adams wasn't willing to pay the price.  

Good pickup for NJ's 4th line. Lazar's numbers were garbage in Vancouver this season, but he wasn't given much to work with.

He's also under contract for 1 more season, whereas Haula and Wood are expiring. Insurance for this year's playoffs and a solid 4th liner for next season.

Edited by DarthEbriate

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Disappointing for Curtis on the personal level.

He signed with the Canucks for 3 years to go home, didn’t even last a full year.

Definition of a journeyman: 449 NHL games, 5 NHL teams.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Disappointing for Curtis on the personal level.

He signed with the Canucks for 3 years to go home, didn’t even last a full year.

Definition of a journeyman: 449 NHL games, 5 NHL teams.

True. But for the next couple years NJD will be a lot more fun to play for than Vancouver.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.