NHL Trade Deadline 2023

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Everyone gets better but here we stand

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Scrapping the barrel here. Pens are toast in the playoffs, watched quite a few games of them this season, slow, lethargic. No speed.

They love old players.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

If losing a buddy rattles them they’d better toughen up. Or grow up. Life isn’t fair. The objective for the gm is to improve the product. I get it about trying to compete for the next decade but nothings guaranteed. 

A trade can also be a wake up call. This guy was not cutting it and he’s gone. We expect more so step up or get out of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

This schtick is growing old if I am being honest. The idea you can't improve now because of some magical future when you have the Sabres list of assets is just narrow minded and actually shortsighted. We have 3 2nd round picks, we aren't hurting oursleves by trading one of them now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Errrrrmmm... I sometimes use it to say goodbye because it was in the opening for Quake II. ESPN+ only ran TSN from 5AM-10AM PT, not it's the ESPN side. Though it's a more intimate, all-facing-each-other setup. It's got more energy.

Right right that makes sense I was wondering why you were on tsn in the first place. I’m up north so 

Godspeed rebels ya ya I got that part 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Did you guys take today off from work or something?

Is it a national holiday in Canada?

Asked this question the other day in fun. Sounds like there are a lot of retired folks adding excellent content around here 

Personally, im not really old, I just work nights 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

This schtick is growing old if I am being honest. The idea you can't improve now because of some magical future when you have the Sabres list of assets is just narrow minded and actually shortsighted. We have 3 2nd round picks, we aren't hurting oursleves by trading one of them now. 

A little help would be appreciated, right?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There’s a tone there that rubs me the wrong way a tad, too. A bit different from other quotes we’ve seen 

I get a “we know a little more than the fans, ok” vibe there 

don’t really need to come out and say that

He’s basically echoing the “why panic?” sentiment made here sometimes when someone suggests even a small move 

the conflation of liking to see improvement with impatience is a poor one. And somewhat insulting considering what we’ve been through 

sorry donny

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.