GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

TPegs should donate a large number of those.  Especially these nationally televised games if for no other reason than for optics.  Hell, have the ushers move the folks up top down to the lower corners.  Or cardboard cutouts

I am on board for ownership donating tickets, but cardboard cut-outs?  really?

Ushers are not going to do that, it is way to chaotic.   They tend to look the other way when people from the 300 level move down.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

I am on board for ownership donating tickets, but cardboard cut-outs?  really?

Ushers are not going to do that, it is way to chaotic.   They tend to look the other way when people from the 300 level move down.  

Last year we went to a game and did this. Friends of ours were in a corner of the 100s and were the only ppl in their row so at the second commercial break we went down and nobody cared. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Ha! Absolutely will happen.

I went to 2 Bills games this year. Sat next to Dolphins fans both times. If people sold THOSE tickets with the expectations that team had they will absolutely sell tickets to Bruins fans for what should be a slaughter.

But the dolphins fans didn’t take over the building did they? 

my point wasn’t that there would be nary a bruins jersey far as the eye could see 

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Don't bet on it.  Just the local college students from NE area are enough to make a loud impact.

As soon as playoff tickets goon sale on line they are fair game.  People from Mass can fly here direct on Jet Blue for $129, stay the night, and get tickets to the game all for less than they would have in Boston - which has no ticket availability anyway.  

I guess I just expect the majority of the tickets to our first playoff game in a decade to be purchased by sabres fans

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

So many tickets available tonight.  Hopefully for the last time this season. (Meh opponent, mid week, 730)

Tuesday night, Columbus is the definition of a tough sell.

These kinds of games are the final challenge for the franchise in getting fans back in the building.

I also get the sense that there's some sort of post-pandemic change that has affected attendance at live sporting events. In larger markets, I think that franchises have been able to recover more readily because they have a larger pool of potential fans to pull from. In smaller markets (ours), the margin for error is much smaller and the road back to full(er) houses more arduous. The Sabres' recent history of awfulness plays a role there too.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

But the dolphins fans didn’t take over the building did they? 

they were there in sufficient numbers to throw the snowballs that prompted the refs to threaten the Bills with a 15-yard penalty. 😏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Tuesday night, Columbus is the definition of a tough sell.

These kinds of games are the final challenge for the franchise in getting fans back in the building.

I also get the sense that there's some sort of post-pandemic change that has affected attendance at live sporting events. In larger markets, I think that franchises have been able to recover more readily because they have a larger pool of potential fans to pull from. In smaller markets (ours), the margin for error is much smaller and the road back to full(er) houses more arduous. The Sabres' recent history of awfulness plays a role there too.

they were there in sufficient numbers to throw the snowballs that prompted the refs to threaten the Bills with a 15-yard penalty. 😏

One time I was at a Bombers game here and the BC Lions players were throwing snowballs at the fans and we were throwing them at the players and one I threw was caught in majority by a BC player and he looked at me and took a bite. Not kidding, also not that interesting

but that’s my story 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sabills said:

Going to this game tonight, gonna be one of about 15 people there I think.

Will be there as well.

Am looking forward to it to see how they play with Tuch's injury now being "old news" and not having extra energy to step up for his absense.  Expecting being in the heart of a playoff chase to keep them running full steam ahead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Ha! Absolutely will happen.

I went to 2 Bills games this year. Sat next to Dolphins fans both times. If people sold THOSE tickets with the expectations that team had they will absolutely sell tickets to Bruins fans for what should be a slaughter.

Season ticket holders don't have to sell a single ticket for that to happen. There are only 6K season tickets this year. That puts over 13,000 seats available for general sale for every game.

9 minutes ago, sabills said:

Going to this game tonight, gonna be one of about 15 people there I think.

Wave so we can see you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Get out there, attack early.

Quinn on the top line for a few weeks and Power on the top pair/top PP...  Time to start getting your names back into the Calder conversation nationally, gents. 

Already ruling out Dahlin?

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Go Sabres !  

Cromrie in Goal ?  

We need Andy in Basten, I would play Upie.

Comrie should be shelved for throw in for a trade for another G (a Talbott, Demko, etc….. Talbott bridge for playoff run, & if Demko to get to Levi).

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I guess I just expect the majority of the tickets to our first playoff game in a decade to be purchased by sabres fans

sure, in the 70's, 80's, 90, and even 00's. 

Today you go online, wait for the tickets to go in sale.  press click, click, click - and then you have Sabre tickets in your iPhone wallet.  Does matter if you do this from Worcester or West Seneca.  Since Boston has sold out something like 500+ straight games, this is your chance to see them.  

Jet Blue round trip for under $200, or you drive 7 hours.   Add one night in a hotel.  Add food and incidentals and you probably still break even cost wise.  

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Season ticket holders don't have to sell a single ticket for that to happen. There are only 6K season tickets this year. That puts over 13,000 seats available for general sale for every game.

Wave so we can see you.

2 things.  1 - a fair portion of the STH base are people with only 1/2 season packages so there will be more playoff tix bought on a per game basis by STHers than in the regular season.

And 2 - if there really are concerns about a lot of visiting fans buying the tix directly from the Sabres, in the past when the STH base was about 1/2 of the available seats STHers were allowed to double their ticket allotment prior to tix going on sale to the general public.  Considering many of the STHers actually split tix with friends / family that would ensure a lot more tix are going to Sabres fans as those tix wil be put on the market at much lower rates than RS tix get put on the market.

Should the Sabres make the playoffs, the crowd won't look like the crowd at the typical Loafs game.  It won't be 100% Sabres fans, but it won't be embarrassing either.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

2 things.  1 - a fair portion of the STH base are people with only 1/2 season packages so there will be more playoff tix bought on a per game basis by STHers than in the regular season.

And 2 - if there really are concerns about a lot of visiting fans buying the tix directly from the Sabres, in the past when the STH base was about 1/2 of the available seats STHers were allowed to double their ticket allotment prior to tix going on sale to the general public.  Considering many of the STHers actually split tix with friends / family that would ensure a lot more tix are going to Sabres fans as those tix wil be put on the market at much lower rates than RS tix get put on the market.

Should the Sabres make the playoffs, the crowd won't look like the crowd at the typical Loafs game.  It won't be 100% Sabres fans, but it won't be embarrassing either.

I remember what it was like the last time we made it. It’ll happen again. Don’t really understand the doubt. I think people that don’t expect wild change when that day comes are underselling and continue to undersell how wild our run of ineptitude has been

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'd give him rest until Thursday. Boston and Tampa are both going to crosscheck him endlessly. Let him recuperate a bit before that. In the meantime, Power will get 26+ minutes and neutralize the Jackets. It'll be good.

I truly think they defer to the medical opinion: cleared or not. You often see fans suggest the “I wouldn’t play him just because” thing but I don’t think it works like that. I think if he’s healed he plays 

Edited by Thorny

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Last year we went to a game and did this. Friends of ours were in a corner of the 100s and were the only ppl in their row so at the second commercial break we went down and nobody cared. 

I have done it a few times last year also, we sat near in my brothers old 200 level seats (they are corporate seats).  They ushers and waitresses still know him.  It was sad to hear how lonely the workers get with such small crowds in there now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.