Buffalo needs to make the goatheads permanent

Buffalonill

Permanent thirds yes but the Buffalo Sabres Royal and Gold should never be packed away again imo

58 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Pure coincidence. We can't make decisions based on superstition 

What next? We sacrifice a ram and drink its blood before each game? 

With a sword

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like the Black and Red. I grew up watching the team well before they were introduced so the first almost 2 decades of me watching the Sabres were in the Blue and Gold....but I have always liked the red and black better.

I know the Blue and Gold are here to stay, but what I would like is for EVERY year going forward, at least 5-10 games get played with the Red and Black.  Make them a permanent part of the rotation.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Every time the wear them they become something else.

Proof is in the pudding. 

8-1 with scoring 6+ goals in those wins .

Could they go black and red goat heads at home. Then the white reverse retro with blue pants on the road? 

That would be kind of great. But also kind of horrible. Can a team have 4 team colors but only wear two at a time? haha

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Could they go black and red goat heads at home. Then the white reverse retro with blue pants on the road? 

That would be kind of great. But also kind of horrible. Can a team have 4 team colors but only wear two at a time? haha

Who knows?  With the Canes wearing 6 different unis this season guess anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Every time the wear them they become something else.

Proof is in the pudding. 

8-1 with scoring 6+ goals in those wins .

Totally disagree - our colours are Blue and Gold. I have never liked the stupid change of colours, it's ridiculous. If you want them as a third, fine, but that's it. Don't toss away the teams history because of a 90's fad of every team changing to black. It was dumb then, it's dumb now.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, that is the opposite of what I am telling you.  The Buffalo Sabres wear blue and gold and have one of the top 5 logos in the league.  Maybe top 3.

Forgive my poor attempt at sarcasm. I like the goat head as a novelty but the blue and gold should never be replaced as primary

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I thought the goatheads were staying as a permanent 3rd? Did I misremember that?

"Permanent" means for 3 seasons.

Expect they could extend that if they want, but my understanding is that 3rds are used for 3 years.

It's the Reverse Retros that are only used for the 1 season.

15 minutes ago, tom webster said:

And that’s what has become the norm. The more uniforms they wear, he more they can sell.

Yep.  Which is why they have so many different special warmup jerseys.  Sell a few hundred of each of those and it adds up to real money quickly.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, tom webster said:

And that’s what has become the norm. The more uniforms they wear, he more they can sell.

Boom

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.