GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

Russian machine never breaks stride

Also:

So it’s a whole load of nothing?

Sorry folks. All signs point to this story being a myth.

The current owner of 716-867-5309 is a female with a residence on Potomac Avenue in Buffalo. Please don’t pester her when you finish reading this story. The voice mailbox was always full when I called.

Thanks to extensive research, we can prove this urban legend is not true. But if anyone can cite a different Buffalo connection to the song, please contact me at jeffschober@hotmail.com. If there is more to the story, you’ll read about it here in a follow-up.

In the meantime, keep listening to 80s rock!

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

… Mitts played well. But he was lazy getting to the bench for the too many men on the ice call at the end of the game. I blame him for the penalty, not for the person who jumped on the ice. I agree with @K-9in whom to attribute blame. 

Huh? I haven’t blamed Mitts for anything in a while now. Not saying I couldn’t have, I’m just worn out from doing it so often earlier on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Two or less said:

What a difference does one game do to the mood on this board! That was fun. But Sabres need to figure out their goaltending or else we'll be saying "what if" in mid-April.

Super fun game.

So true. I didn't watch the Queefs game, but followed the thread. Sounded like Buffalo was the worst team ever.....again.

2 minutes ago, Two or less said:

What a difference does one game do to the mood on this board! That was fun. But Sabres need to figure out their goaltending or else we'll be saying "what if" in mid-April.

Super fun game.

And if they lose tomorrow, it'll be beyond doom and gloom, and if they win, it'll be even more overjoyed than tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Huh? I haven’t blamed Mitts for anything in a while now. Not saying I couldn’t have, I’m just worn out from doing it so often earlier on. 

Apparently, I made a mistake of who said what in a prior post. So I apologize for that inaccurate claim.  It could have been @LGR4GMwho noted that Mitts was lazy in getting back to the net. If it wasn't him, then, again, I apologize for the inaccurate attribution. Fortunately, I have a lot of apologizes stuffed in my bulging pockets when needed because I'm so often wrong. So I will simply say that I thought he was slack in getting back to the bench at a critical time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.