Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

31 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What is they story with Poona Ford? Is he injured? He was thought of as a really nice signing but hasn’t played much if at all.

Numbers really...they have quality Dlinemen and someone is going to have to sit, usually 1 interior and 1 edge guy...Ford will play, just has to wait his turn for a bit.

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

What might get him a few snaps is Rousseau is hurt and may not play. Yet I agree. Jonathan is not a bad option to play more Sunday. He brings heat.

Maybe it's just as insurance should Rousseau not be ready to go, but Miller made the trip over with the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Rousseau officially out for Sunday. Bummer.

From what I gathered on (fka) Twitter, he got stepped on in the Miami game. But he then played through that for much of the game. Hopefully it's just a contusion/bruising that swelled up once he took his cleats off. Fingers crossed that there's nothing broken.

Per McDermott, Rousseau's status will have no bearing on whether Miller plays.

If they activate Miller, they will need to waive someone. Based on snap count, I'd guess they'd waive Kingsley Jonathan and hope he goes unclaimed (although I think that unlikely). I like Jonathan's upside more than Shaq Lawson's known skill set (which is solid, but unspectacular), but I think McDermott would want to keep the steady veteran as one of his ends.

Edited by That Aud Smell

19 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

nah, man. that'd be crazy. foolhardy too. of course the player wants to play. the medical team must have a schedule established for easing him back into things. nfw they let him play. i'll eat my zubaz undies if he plays a snap.

Wow. And yikes. Maybe they’ll be palatable with some Frank’s?

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wow. And yikes. Maybe they’ll be palatable with some Frank’s?

We will require photographic evidence.

we don’t need two folks on this forum that walk back their commitments.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rousseau officially out for Sunday. Bummer.

From what I gathered on (fka) Twitter, he got stepped on in the Miami game. But he then played through that for much of the game. Hopefully it's just a contusion/bruising that swelled up once he took his cleats off. Fingers crossed that there's nothing broken.

Per McDermott, Rousseau's status will have no bearing on whether Miller plays.

If they activate Miller, they will need to waive someone. Based on snap count, I'd guess they'd waive Kingsley Jonathan and hope he goes unclaimed (although I think that unlikely). I like Jonathan's upside more than Shaq Lawson's known skill set (which is solid, but unspectacular), but I think McDermott would want to keep the steady veteran as one of his ends.

I don't see Jonathan clearing waivers.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

so - what to do?

is there some super brief IR trickery they can deploy with Rousseau?

You waive the player that is last on the depth chart in a position that is not in a critical state - especially if there are people on the PS in that position that are capable.  I don't know enough about every player to name who that is, I just think that Jonathan would get picked up because he is an edge rusher with upside.   

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You waive the player that is last on the depth chart in a position that is not in a critical state - especially if there are people on the PS in that position that are capable.  I don't know enough about every player to name who that is, I just think that Jonathan would get picked up because he is an edge rusher with upside.   

You look at the depth chart, man, and there is just no fat to cut. I think it'd hafta be a DE/LB.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm feeling really good about the Bills right now, more than I thought I would.  Sure, they could lose this week, and if they have a major injury again that can change, but after the Miami game, I don't think there is a team that they cannot beat.  If, IF Buffalo plays their best game and any other team plays their best game, right now I think Buffalo wins those games against anyone else.  Of course the issue like always is...how often does Buffalo play their best.   Its like Josh Allen vs Mahomes.  Take both of them playing their best game and I think Allen is just as good, maybe better...BUT the issue is Mahomes plays closer to his ceiling more often.

After Buffalo, I think its San Francisco, then KC, then Philly, Baltimore, Dallas, and Miami as the teams I would be the most worried about giving the Bills problems in a matchup (in that order).  Seattle, Cleveland, Detroit and even Jacksonville are 2 steps behind but they might still give the Bills trouble. 

A healthy Josh Allen just gives the bills at worst a 50-50 shot against any team (and likely more than that) on any given week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Josh Allen vs Mahomes.  Take both of them playing their best game and I think Allen is just as good, maybe better...BUT the issue is Mahomes plays closer to his ceiling more often.

agreed that consistency has been the differentiator between mahomes and allen.

I'm recanting my post season opener rant, maybe we shouldn't trade Allen. 

But as with any Bills fan, I reserve the right to over-react on any given ass kicking the team may take.

My 4 Super Bowl losses in a row life time therapists, Jim Beam and Jack Daniel's (2 upstanding model citizens I might add) tell me this is a natural reaction.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Correct and correct. But as an alternative I suspect there will be some 'gymnastics' with the practice squad rules tomorrow afternoon - especially because they are allowed to travel with the team for overseas games. Or they just waive Josh and hope he clears.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:56 PM, JustOneParade said:

Correct and correct. But as an alternative I suspect there will be some 'gymnastics' with the practice squad rules tomorrow afternoon - especially because they are allowed to travel with the team for overseas games. Or they just waive Josh and hope he clears.

This ⬆️ seems prescient.

What exactly are those gymnastics?

13 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

This ⬆️ seems prescient.

Odd roster rules. Teams can elevate two practice squad players without waiving anyone, effectively increasing the roster from 55 to 57 players and increasing the gameday active roster, also by two.

13 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

This ⬆️ seems prescient.

Reply got attached to the tweet. Sorry.