GDT: Sabres @ Mighty Ducks, Feb 15, 2023, 10pm, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, inkman said:

They all make mistakes.  I have a hard time holding Clague accountable for turning a fight down with a player 3” taller and 30 lbs heavier.  At least Clague is the size of an adult as opposed to Bryson (he’s listed at 5’9” but he’s not). 

Strome is 1” taller and 1 lb heavier than Clague.  Pretty even match.  Clague gave him a nice hard check but would not drop them.  Ok fine, but someone on the team needs to answer the bell besides Dahlin and Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Strome is 1” taller and 1 lb heavier than Clague.  Pretty even match.  Clague gave him a nice hard check but would not drop them.  Ok fine, but someone on the team needs to answer the bell besides Dahlin and Cozens. 

I'm not convinced we'd win more games if the team fought more. I think it just feels better to get revenge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

11.765. I dunno about this one. Obv. 11 could be referencing game 2 of the trip.

It's anyone's guess.

I'm sure it'll make sense later. As it always does.

Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Again! That's three.

Obv. this one was a reverse "we want 8" chant.

It's gettin' scary.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I worry that down the line this team will let other teams physically bully them a la Maple Leafs. I think Savoie plays a tough game, but he's still only 5'9". Other than that there isn't much physicality among the Sabres blue chip prospects.  

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

A couple nice goals but that was some garbage hockey. Ducks are absolute trash. 

I'm glad we have Cozens and not Zegras though. That's a definite. 

I was just about to post the same thought. Great win but the Ducks are a crap team. But we had to get right so let's build off this one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Now that's more like it.

That said, the Ducks are terrible and the Sabres should beat them pretty easily.

Same with the Sharks.

That also said, this is the NHL and there are no easy games.  Show up for every shift and the Sabres are and will continue to be fine.

The Lightning lost to the Coyotes 1-0. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

See what happens when i dont post in GDT ? 

Buffalo wins .

Looks like  We're going to go  Undefeated starting now 

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Crap I did same thing , might be me 😛

It's both of you...obviously.

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo wins .

I have been telling you that.  You need to stop making positive predictions.  Continue to be negative, it seems to help the team and its funny too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but did anyone watch the Ducks TV broadcast with the streaking black puck line when the teams were on the powerplay? So freaking annoying. Like were back to the glowing puck days! Just stop it!

Saw it on the highlights and it's awful

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but did anyone watch the Ducks TV broadcast with the streaking black puck line when the teams were on the powerplay? So freaking annoying. Like were back to the glowing puck days! Just stop it!

It was awful. At first I thought it was a stick sliding down the ice.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NAF said:

I worry that down the line this team will let other teams physically bully them a la Maple Leafs. I think Savoie plays a tough game, but he's still only 5'9". Other than that there isn't much physicality among the Sabres blue chip prospects.  

There's a difference between getting into fights and playing a physical game, and... playing against a physical team.  The physical team doesn't always win out (if it did goonism would still be rampant in the league).  The Sabres need to learn how to play physical teams.  Playing a more physical game themselves may be a part of that.  The fights are more extraneous, almost irrelevant.

(even if they are entertaining for the fans)

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo wins .

Okay, bye.

Don't kid yourself; you have no magic superpower over the team's performance.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Crap I did same thing , might be me 😛

Besides, I think it's Huck.

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.