Rochester Americans 2023-2024

Johnny Utah

33 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Don Stevens Press Box unveiled last weekend.  Pretty great honor for the voice of the Amerks for 37 years.  
https://www.amerks.com/news/detail/amerks-unveil-don-stevens-press-box-at-the-blue-cross-arena

Now if they can just find a way to mute the mic during intermissions so I don’t have to hear all of his bodily functions, it would be great. 

Seriously though, he’s been the voice of the Amerks for the entirety of my rooting life.  Glad he got recognized.  Fun fact, he’s my in laws neighbor.  See him all the time.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, shrader said:

They pump the music up to ridiculous levels here in Raleigh.  You feel it in your chest.  It's absolutely horrible.

Yeah, Nashville is loud too, but at least they have top notch sound equipment so it doesn't make your ears bleed.  The Amerks sound equipment is terribly inefficient so its defaults to just painful sound.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:53 AM, Getpucksdeep said:

Don Stevens Press Box unveiled last weekend.  Pretty great honor for the voice of the Amerks for 37 years.  
https://www.amerks.com/news/detail/amerks-unveil-don-stevens-press-box-at-the-blue-cross-arena

It's great they did that and perhaps it was better in the arena, but the YT video of it was painful. If you are going to honor someone at least spend the money for some top notch recordings and why would you do it at intermission when most people are trying to offload the 5 beers they had prior?

On 2/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

On defense for next year, I hope KA signs Komarov to an ELC.  He’s having a breakout season in the Q.

I’d also like to see him sign one or two college UFAs. Jake Livingston and Jacob Bengtsson look like good additions if KA can sign them.  Both are 6-3.  They also also good at both ends.  If Johnson walks, these guys or others like them should be a priority.

I also want to draft Casey’s brother Luke who plays D for Minn.  Has 14 pts in 26 games and is a +14.

From FCHockey.com  https://nhlentrydraft.com/players/luke-mittelstadt/

“An efficient skater on the blue line. Uses his crossovers to start the breakout. Able to keep up with most of his opponents speed wise, but needs to focus on his straight-line skating. Good stance and stride overall. Strong on his edges, able to change direction smoothly and reacts to play quickly. Agile enough to consistently be apart of the play and create his own space. Battles hard for space in front of the net and clears enough room for his goalie to see better. Consistently taking away space in the defensive zone and is very aware of where he needs to be. Closes the passing lanes and is willing to block shots for his team. Competes hard for the puck in the board battles and consistently gets the pucks out of the defensive zone. Needs to slow down his game so he can process the ice. Tends to rush the puck off of his stick, with the first instinct being at the net. Can force turnovers in the neutral zone effectively, but he has trouble getting passes off under pressure. Understands when to be conservative and knows when to get more aggressive. Able to control play at both high and slow paces. Very apt at completing accurate stretch passes to his teammates. Applies good pressure on the puck carrier, making it difficult for them to find space.”

Jake Livingston is a must to go after...they desperately need a couple right-handed defensemen in the system.

Isn't Mittelstadt's brother a 5-10 LHD who has been passed over in the draft already? Doesn't seem worth the time.

As for Rochester...everybody except Rousek, Murray and Weissbach can go.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, Bob Malooga said:

Jake Livingston is a must to go after...they desperately need a couple right-handed defensemen in the system.

Isn't Mittelstadt's brother a 5-10 LHD who has been passed over in the draft already? Doesn't seem worth the time.

As for Rochester...everybody except Rousek, Murray and Weissbach can go.

Including the Kulich, Rosen and the rest of the prospects?

Is Kulich going to press for NHL PT next season? 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

8 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

8-4 over the Rocket tonight.

Cederqvist with a fight to spark things. Mersch and Kulich with 2 goals each. Rousek 1G 2A.

I think Kulich also had an assist

2g, 1a giving him 30pts in 40 games. 

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Including the Kulich, Rosen and the rest of the prospects?

Is Kulich going to press for NHL PT next season? 

He's gonna start pressing but he won't be 19 until mid April so another year in the AHL with occasional call ups seems likely. JJPs wing spot though is going to start heating up. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Another seven goals tonight, making it 15 in their last two. Rosen added another goal.

Noticed Vinnie wasn’t in the lineup so I’m wondering if he’s been recalled?

Since tomorrow's game is at 1 PM, makes sense they'd call him up today.  Considering players can retroactively be put on IR if they're healthy within 7 days of when they actually go on the IR list provided they weren't playing or practicing, that would explain why Tuch got placed on IR this afternoon rather than tomorrow.  (They didn't have an open roster spot for Hinostroza until Tuch was IR'd.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Fun game to attend last night. I will readily admit that I am not well versed in the nuances of hockey. But I must say that on a team with a few or more players that have NHL experience, Kulich just appears that he is the most NHL-ready on that team. Skills, movement, awareness. (Noting one game sample size).

Some other observations. Cederqvist (sp?) will add a little weight and be excellent on a 4th/checking line in the NHL ... soon. Rosen, to be gracious, has a 'slight' build. Even though he potted two last night none were wow plays. He won't be up in Buffalo next year nor the year after. Bjork, although named the 3rd star, was unimpressive even at the AHL level. And lastly, there is not a defenseman on that team that projects into the NHL as part of a top-6.

One game sample from a couch scout so take those comments for what they're worth.

• Thanks (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Fun game to attend last night. I will readily admit that I am not well versed in the nuances of hockey. But I must say that on a team with a few or more players that have NHL experience, Kulich just appears that he is the most NHL-ready on that team. Skills, movement, awareness. (Noting one game sample size).

Some other observations. Cederqvist (sp?) will add a little weight and be excellent on a 4th/checking line in the NHL ... soon. Rosen, to be gracious, has a 'slight' build. Even though he potted two last night none were wow plays. He won't be up in Buffalo next year nor the year after. Bjork, although named the 3rd star, was unimpressive even at the AHL level. And lastly, there is not a defenseman on that team that projects into the NHL as part of a top-6.

One game sample from a couch scout so take those comments for what they're worth.

None of the D in Rochester are prospects.  All AHL vets with little chance to make the NHL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.