Rochester Americans 2023-2024

Johnny Utah

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Does the top four in the division make the playoffs?

All but the bottom 2 in each division make the playoffs.  With a kind of best of 3 play in of the lowest seeds to get each division down to 4 teams left.  (That's how it worked last year; pretty sure it'll be that way again.)

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Actually, it says in the 2 - 7 team divisions there will be 5 teams qualifying.  In the 8 team division, 6 teams make it , and in the 10 team division only 7 teams make it.

Amerks are pretty much a shoe-in for the playoffs unless they fall apart.  5 points ahead of the Laval Rocket, the team in the last playoff position with 2 games in hand, and 1 and 2 games in hand on the two teams who are 1 point better than they are currently.

17 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Kulich with 8g in his last 10 games. 

Kulich is starting to turn it up

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Amerks are pretty much a shoe-in for the playoffs unless they fall apart.  5 points ahead of the Laval Rocket, the team in the last playoff position with 2 games in hand, and 1 and 2 games in hand on the two teams who are 1 point better than they are currently.

Kulich is starting to turn it up

As is Rosen and Biro. As for Rousek, Weissbach, Kisakov, and Kozak, I’d be surprised if any got a real shot with this team.  Too many skilled forwards in the pipeline, at least for now.  

I’m still watching all their games but I haven’t been able to do GDT for one reason or another.  The coaches talked up Biro, Kozak and Rousek a bunch in the off-season.  Me thinks it was lord motivational than anything else.  Kozak is barely ever noticeable and Rousek is still a ways away. 

On 2/25/2023 at 1:11 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Including the Kulich, Rosen and the rest of the prospects?

Is Kulich going to press for NHL PT next season? 

We're talking about the Amerks' free agents...but there's really no other worthy prospects in Rochester besides those two.

And yes, Kulich absolutely gives them difficult decisions next fall...but they might keep him down for one more year.

Edited by Bob Malooga

On 2/25/2023 at 8:15 AM, Night Train said:

Yeah...OK.. 

Yeah, Matej Pekar is a must-keep, huh? 🙄

Please, tell me who of these players NEEDS to be re-signed?

Anders Bjork? Gone.
Chase Priskie? Gone.
Lawrence Pilut? Sucks.
Jeremy Davies? Sucks.
Joe Cecconi? Sucks.

Sean Malone should be on an AHL contract.

Edited by Bob Malooga
Added

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I haven't watched more than a period of Amerks this year. Great to see Kulich progressing in his rookie season!!! 

Where are we on my all time least favourite 1st round pick- Rosen? Any hopes of him being a contributing NHL'er eventually?

Maybe.  He’s going to need more time in the  A.  Super slight and doesn’t drive offense.  I was less than thrilled when he was drafted.  Right now I see Olofsson as his ceiling (🫤) and Nylander as his floor.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.