GDT: Jets @ Sabres 1/12/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Did you watch the game cuz Casey was the least of our problems. How quickly you forget about his great pass for our first goal

If you did watch the game you’d know that When the Tage line plays like they did tonight we have no chance

UPL was really good, except unfortunately for his overcommitment on the breakaway, but we need our own Hellebuyk. Switch goalies tonight, Sabres win 6-1

Jost and Ollefson we’re by far are best players - great for them/not good for the rest of the players

you think we’d learn from Winnipeg’s first two goals and actually have someone in front of their goalie once in while. We need more dirty goals

Haven't seen a dirty goal by this team since Dave Andreychuk. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Well the Sabres plane has hit some turbulence now that teams actually see us as a threat. We won't see many more back ups and will need to grind our way through to the other side which I do have confidence they will.

Grinding Music Video GIF by Bebe Rexha

I figured it out: the only constant over the years has been Paul Hamilton doing post-game interviews. His passive-aggressive infantilization of the players traumatizes them over time. Paul Hamilton must be kept far, far away from this hockey team from now and forever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

Back to the matter at hand....What did Hinostroza and Asplund provide for us tonight?....other than frustrate Dylan Cozens?

I've still got it stuck in my craw that DG said it was the plan"all along" to sit 77 and 22. I am truly afraid to know how far back that plan goes. I mean... What are we doing here?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've still got it stuck in my craw that DG said it was the plan"all along" to sit 77 and 22. I am truly afraid to know how far back that plan goes. I mean... What are we doing here?

Sitting them would only work if they replaced them with a player(s) that would be legitimately competing to take their place, not those two losers. (29 & 74)

Watching form the stands as a learning experience is only valuable if the team plays well......not that effort we saw tonight

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah.  Sometimes his comments lead you to think he is extremely regimented.  

We are seeing the reality of trying to grow in this league.  It is a tough league, lots of competitive teams.  We are a not good defensive team.  Every stat shows that.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don’t think the plan goes back any farther than their anemic effort against Philly on Monday, which was the culmination of their struggles of late. DG gave them every opportunity to play thru their slump, didn’t see it happen, and decided to sit them after looking at the film Tuesday morning. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Please trade Casey Middlestadt. He is a turd. And what happened to the highest scoring team in the NHL? Garbage!!

You really watched that game and that’s what you came away with?

40 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Steady progress boys.Beast Mode Lions GIF

where?

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

This will be fun

Is this where you try to convince yourself that size and hitting don’t matter.

Get used to starting goalies.

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You really watched that game and that’s what you came away with?

where?

Is this where you try to convince yourself that size and hitting don’t matter.

Get used to starting goalies.

Is this where after we beat a bunch of bigger teams that hit more because we lost you use recency bias to try and prove a point that has been shown to have no correlation to winning?

Get used to not winning 82 games a year. Night sunshine

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Is this where after we beat a bunch of bigger teams that hit more because we lost you use recency bias to try and prove a point that has been shown to have no correlation to winning?

Get used to not winning 82 games a year. Night sunshine

I thought puck possession was the greatest correlation to winning. What happened tonight? Is the world ending?

Just now, Eleven said:

Watched the third.  The Sabres more than held their own physically.  The Vezina trophy in net was the difference that period.  I cannot speak for what you all saw in the first, of course.

They saw what they wanted to see. There is almost no ability to process what the Sabres are around here anymore. It's just cliches.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

And yet you used it to counter my position. Nice work.

No I didn't. I said something has no correlation to winning. But hey, you enjoy your night. Maybe PA and you can talk about how the Sabres are too short and don't hit things together? That would be fun. Do it over a beer. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They saw what they wanted to see. There is almost no ability to process what the Sabres are around here anymore. It's just cliches.

Sure. I can tell you I am really looking forward to the rest of this season hearing how we dominated games but just ran into a hot goalie. 

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No I didn't. I said something has no correlation to winning. But hey, you enjoy your night. Maybe PA and you can talk about how the Sabres are too short and don't hit things together? That would be fun. Do it over a beer. 

So why should I care about possession, and exits and entries, or any stat for that matter?

And as I’ve said many times, I don’t think the Sabres are too short. I think they often aren’t willing to (coached not to?) pay a physical price to make the play. And none of your fancy EA sports style hockey is going to convince me otherwise.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

The 2 things that had been rolling for the Sabres most all season continued their mini-slump & the team lost.

All this team needed to at least get to OT & very likely a regulation win was either the Thompson line not getting bottled up or the PP connecting.  Even without their bread and butter working, they were tied w/ 10 minutes left.

Teams w/out Vezina candidates won't be as successful at shutting the 1st line & the PP down.  Stinks that they lost 3 in a row, but they could definitely have won tonight & probably could've beat Seattle too w/ a break or 2.

Just have to find 6 extra points over 0.600 the rest of the way.  Start it by winning in Smashvile.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.