GDT: Jets @ Sabres 1/12/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Jets @ Sabres 1/12/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

I wonder if, now that the Canadian government has selected the F-35 for purchase, the Jets will update their logo to replace the F-18 with an F-35?

It will be some years before the F-35 is in the fleet and the F-18 is fully retired, so probably premature to speculate.

12 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

We can't lost 3 in a row. Gotta win tonight.

Looking at the schedule, the Kraken game kicked off a 16 game stretch of the schedule where only 3 games are against teams in the East, the other 13 are all western conference foes. 

we need to get out of our own building.  we suck at home.

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

That song doesn’t fit Winnipeg.  But they do have a  Royal Canadian Air Force Base there.  

Also, Boeing produces commercial composite parts at a facility in Winnipeg.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if, now that the Canadian government has selected the F-35 for purchase, the Jets will update their logo to replace the F-18 with an F-35?

It will be some years before the F-35 is in the fleet and the F-18 is fully retired, so probably premature to speculate.

What are they flying?   Did not know the CF-18 is retired.  They bought A and B models in early 80’s.  They did some avionics upgrades along the way but the plane is ready for retirement.  

Edited by Pimlach

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What are they flying?   Did not know the CF-18 is retired.  They bought A and B models in early 80’s.  They did some avionics upgrades along the way but the plane is ready for retirement.  

I didn't say they were retired; in fact I said the opposite- "it will be some time before .... the F-18 is fully retired"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I just don’t like seeing US and NATO planes doing that.  

The pilot ejected.

Could it be a MIG ??

58 minutes ago, onthewarpath said:

Anyone else hoping for the backup tonight? We need a win desperately

This has not worked well recently.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Could it be a MIG ??

Actually I thought it was when I first posted it, but the recent airshow mishap I thought that was from, was a different aircraft.  I don't think anything looks that much like an F-18 except an F-18.

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Could it be a MIG ??

Actually I thought it was when I first posted it, but the recent airshow mishap I thought that was from, was a different aircraft.  I don't think anything looks that much like an F-18 except an F-18.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Maybe an Su-27 or 29, but I do think it's an F-18. Ah-ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDIxzSMp-0

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.