GDT: Jets @ Sabres 1/12/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hellebuyck in net 

For the Jets 

Expecting we're entering that phase of the progression where we won't see the Sabres get a steady diet of backups.

2 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Name the HOF Goalie that had a career GGA of .338 and Save% of .887. Do it without looking it up.

Too easy.  (But pretty sure his GAA was 3.38, not 0.338. 😉 )

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Actually I thought it was when I first posted it, but the recent airshow mishap I thought that was from, was a different aircraft.  I don't think anything looks that much like an F-18 except an F-18.

Looks like an F18 to me.  

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It is, in fact, an F-18, and not just any F-18, it's a CF-18 (C = Canadian), the kind in the Jets' logo.

Yes, and all CF-18’s were made on the USN F/A-18 production line.  “A” models were single seat, B models were two seaters.  

image.thumb.jpeg.0ae6ef0b033ced3238cfe1fe70d57036.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Helle in net (Rittich will play tomorrow) after his worst showing in years...he usually has a strong game after a bad one.

The team has played poorly the last few games.

Ehlers Wheeler, Perfetti and Schmidt all came back from injury about three games ago and Wheeler looks like he hasn't shaken off the rust yet but the others have.

PLD is having a career year as is Morrissey so these are the 2 skaters the Sabres have to be aware of.

KC has been scoring again and Ehlers' wheels are back. Good to see him back after missing over 30 games.

The KC PLD Ehlers line has been playing well since Ehlers came back.

Gotta love these 6 pm starts!

Edited by Ducky
  • Thanks (+1) 4

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Just gonna wait. 

Going to burn my bad juju candle and sacrifice a deer, (Dont worry, there are millions where i live), wear my lucky socks and not change my dirty underwear and hope they win. My good news is that i love hockey and the Sabres and wont freak even if they lose. I only break things on the Bills...LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Going to burn my bad juju candle and sacrifice a deer, (Dont worry, there are millions where i live), wear my lucky socks and not change my dirty underwear and hope they win. My good news is that i love hockey and the Sabres and wont freak even if they lose. I only break things on the Bills...LOL

Those NJ pinelands seem to have a lot of petting zoos. 

19 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I was just sarcastically referring to the size of deer in NJ.

LOL HA!!!! They are freaking everywhere..... Took my pup outside and she runs loose. I called her, i thought she had a stick in her mouth, it was a deer leg!!! Now i know what the turkey vultures were circling for!!! 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Hellebuyck in net 

For the Jets 

I was going to ask about this. Pretty much the key factor as he's been having a very good year. Will be tough to beat. 

I haven't really seen them much this year but if they play as heavy as they are capable of we will be in trouble. Going to have to be stronger on the wall and pay the price to screen Hellebuyck on some of those Dahlin/Thompson/Tuch/etc shots from outside the slot. Front of our own goal will be a problem as always, but they will exploit it. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It is, in fact, an F-18, and not just any F-18, it's a CF-18 (C = Canadian), the kind in the Jets' logo.

Would you really want to use the CF for a plane?

Until this team finds their defensive zone coverage again they are going to have problems.  No goalie can help when the D gives up slot shots to players swooping in behind the coverage.

I'm hoping not to see too much of that tonight.  Also I think I want Angry Dahlin tonight.. and Cozens.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

LOL HA!!!! They are freaking everywhere..... Took my pup outside and she runs loose. I called her, i thought she had a stick in her mouth, it was a deer leg!!! Now i know what the turkey vultures were circling for!!! 

NJ is one of the nicest states to hike on the Appalachian Trail.  I loved Jersey and NY on the trail.  Wilder than people think.

Edited by onthewarpath

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was going to ask about this. Pretty much the key factor as he's been having a very good year. Will be tough to beat. 

I haven't really seen them much this year but if they play as heavy as they are capable of we will be in trouble. Going to have to be stronger on the wall and pay the price to screen Hellebuyck on some of those Dahlin/Thompson/Tuch/etc shots from outside the slot. Front of our own goal will be a problem as always, but they will exploit it. 

Out of curiosity, if the Sabres play as fast and skilled as they are capable of will the Jets be in trouble?

Edited by grinreaper

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.