GDT: 12/31/2022, 1:00 PM ET: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins; MSG, WGR

Doohickie

That was a really good game. I thoroughly enjoyed that. 

This reminded me of many years ago when both teams were good and the games were heated and competitive. It's been a long time. A really really long time. 

UPL made a number of good saves. Maybe he's better than people thought and JBot will have been right about another one 🙂

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I like the spunk, but if this is the way he reacts to getting a beat down I eagerly await to see how he reacts if he wins one. 

This was a hockey game. A real hockey game. This actually could get good. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That was great.   Sure, he "lost" to some.   He got two punches in - one to the visor, one to the helmet - then he smartly lost the desire to throw more. 

Great hit on Slacker Hall, Clifton came in and so what, he had to fight the fight.  Loved seeing him pump up the bench and go get repaired.  Stitches of honor to his teammates. 

Fighting with a visor on is not very smart.  Clifton knows this and he took Krebs' lid off.  He should have taken his own off as well.   

I liked KO there keeping an eye on things and supporting him. 

I looked closely at the players on the bench.  No one is afraid of Boston.  They are young but they are not playing in fear.  

Sure, great.

Now figure out how to do that without getting your ass kicked, Peyton.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That was great.   Sure, he "lost" to some.   He got two punches in - one to the visor, one to the helmet - then he smartly lost the desire to throw more. 

Great hit on Slacker Hall, Clifton came in and so what, he had to fight the fight.  Loved seeing him pump up the bench and go get repaired.  Stitches of honor to his teammates. 

Fighting with a visor on is not very smart.  Clifton knows this and he took Krebs' lid off.  He should have taken his own off as well.   

I liked KO there keeping an eye on things and supporting him. 

I looked closely at the players on the bench.  No one is afraid of Boston.  They are young but they are not playing in fear.  

Supporting teammates is part of being a true teammate. People playing sports most likely will go further with a confrontation on the ballfield/rink than they would in a public place like a tavern. After giving up playing baseball I played for decades on a few different softball teams in modified or fast pitch leagues. My pride kept me from joining any over 40 or senior leagues and I pitched against a lot of guys that were just off college baseball teams. In the playoffs one year I noticed that our first baseman who was about 45-50 years old kept receiving throws from the very inside of the bag, not leaving him  much room to adjust for any throws that might be slightly off. I didn't concern myself with it as he was a really good player and it wasn't my place to ask him anything about it. After awhile I heard a commotion after he got an out on a ball to the infield. The first baseman was chasing this college kid down the right field line and yelling that he was going to beat the ***** out him. Both teams joined the "fun" and a lot of pushing and shoving only turned into a few bruises. After things settled down we discovered that the the whole thing started because many of the guys on this young team were giving our first baseman an elbow as they ran by. Anyway, the game was called but there wasn't a player that didn't join in and support his teammates. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Sure, great.

Now figure out how to do that without getting your ass kicked, Peyton.

Ok man with chicken on head,

What do you want him to do this off season - work on his shot with Tage Thompson, or take boxing lessons with Rocky's trainer? 

image.png.72bfa3c1e2b1dc5f0d94bf84d5683b39.png

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I made a round of killer Manhattan's.  Helped Mrs. Punch with hors devoues preparation, and then she threw me out of the kitchen. 

Go figure?  

Success.

Just now, Pimlach said:

Ok man with chicken on head,

What do you him to do this off season - work on his shot with Tage Thompson, or take boxing lessons with Rocky's trainer? 

image.png.72bfa3c1e2b1dc5f0d94bf84d5683b39.png

Let Rayzer have a sit down with him.  😈

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DIf that was a beatdown I’m losing my grip on reality. He took a couple shots. He did ok and is none the worse for it. I’m positive from his reaction that he felt invigorated. And obviously pumped up.

Edited by bunomatic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was a really good game. I thoroughly enjoyed that. 

This reminded me of many years ago when both teams were good and the games were heated and competitive. It's been a long time. A really really long time. 

UPL made a number of good saves. Maybe he's better than people thought and JBot will have been right about another one 🙂

I like the spunk, but if this is the way he reacts to getting a beat down I eagerly await to see how he reacts if he wins one. 

This was a hockey game. A real hockey game. This actually could get good. 

They went toe to toe with the best team in hockey, got some crap reffing along the way to allow Marchand to score with 6 men on the ice, a 5 on 3 after that along with a double minor killed off, then battled back to tie it and win it in OT as Cozens left old man Bergeron in the dust before dishing it off to Tuch for the game winner.

Pretty damn nice...this team is afraid of nobody and no one.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

All you need to know is "Garbage Plate".

I went to college there from 78 to 82 - they didn't have garbage plates then.  The best pizza in town was probably Pizza Hut.  The wings, if you could find them, were breaded like KFC and fried and dry.  

They did have "The House of Guitars" in Irondequoit.   That place made up for a lot of otherwise uncoolness.   

My friends begged to come on Buffalo Road Trips with me on weekends for partying at Locker Room, Gabels, Mickey Rats, Mulligans, ...   Make a run to Canada for real Canadian beer (there was no craft beer back than).  Bring back Bocce's Pizza, and then wings and subs from anywhere else you can stop at.  

Yes, I realize that Rochester got a lot cooler since then.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

This seems like a game rewatching from the Boston feed

I live in Boston, so I had to watch the Boston feed. (While at one of my kids hockey games in Worcester.) It was entertaining. They definitely went into the game respectful, and said Buffalo is on the verge of a very strong 6-7 year run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.