GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

If the Sabres were allowed 1/4 of a goal for every post they hit then they would have won. Seriously though, their problem tonight was simply not finishing. Their problem this year has been defense and goaltending. They're icing some real talent and offensive guys are also showing the ability and desire to play defense. The difference this year from last year and before is that win or lose they compete and are entertaining. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

That's an insult to 98 lb weaklings.

I don’t know what to say other than they refuse to exert any kind of “nasty” or “snot” to their game. Do they really think when they get to the point that they make the playoffs that they are going to be able to dance around every team?

No way, they are going to have to have the piss and vinegar game that every team brings to the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

One goal. totally worth watching. Can we finally agree that they are not a good team yet?

Cozens was owned by Letang (that's French for "the tang"). Not sure what he was complaining about.

Not only was he tripped but he took a high stick from Letang that lead directly to Cindy's goal that iced the game.

I'm not offended by these two losses. Unlike recent Sabres teams, this version of the Sabres has potential IMHO. They're some roster moves away from being a very good team. Prior versions lacked cohesion, had talent deficits and had no spirit. That doesn't describe the core of this team at all - just the opposite.

They're kind of stuck, even though they have $16M to spend right now. That has to be frustrating for Kevyn Adams.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nothing overly unexpected here. Kiss those playoff dreams goodbye (if you had them). We cannot play with the big boys. More competitive than last year, but still far away.

Cozens whining instead of scuffling was disappointing, but the biggest disappointment on the night for me was when Thompson got manhandled to the ice by their  D man and he didn't do a damn thing. Big guy like that with no physical push back, I guess that's Sabres hockey. 

Maybe one day we won't be a soft team any more....................maybe one day...............

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, ... said:

I'm not offended by these two losses. Unlike recent Sabres teams, this version of the Sabres has potential IMHO. They're some roster moves away from being a very good team. Prior versions lacked cohesion, had talent deficits and had no spirit. That doesn't describe the core of this team at all - just the opposite.

They're kind of stuck, even though they have $16M to spend right. That has to be frustrating for Kevyn Adams.

They’re going to be spinning their wheels unless Adams can start convincing veteran players to come to the Sabres. The only way to do that is win consistently and we know that using going to happen anytime soon 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

They're kind of stuck, even though they have $16M to spend right. That has to be frustrating for Kevyn Adams.

Good post. I can imagine that GMKA is up against it for making any deal that is fair at this point in time. Other GM's aren't going to be motivated unless they're selling their garbage for more than it is worth. Once teams figure out if they are buyers or sellers when it's close to the trade deadline then he might be able to do something that fits the Sabre's overall plan. Most likely trades/free agent pickups will be what happens in the offseason. Enjoy watching this team develop this year and set themselves up as a really good team next year.

43 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Nice job PK!

the naysayers will be moving their goalposts 😂

Oh goody.  You've graced us with yet another pointless, small-minded and unnecessary shot at other posters that is neither clever nor witty.  How superior of you.

24 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Skinner creates.

Mitts just skated the puck into the corner all night. 

Mitts did what nobody else has been able to do lately:  shut down TT's line.

In all seriousness, I really think Mitts just does not understand the time and space that are available to him in NHL games.  Time after time tonight I watched him fight hard for pucks but move the wrong way.  He doesn't move towards open space.  He moves towards traffic.

I want to see VO with TT and Tuch next game.  Otherwise we'll see the top line get shut out again.

22 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Wish Dahlin broke that bitch Guenzel’s arm

Dude. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Not only was he tripped but he took a high stick from Letang that lead directly to Cindy's goal that iced the game.

He did not take a high stick. He may have been tripped but it was after he took a hard enough check where he was most likely going down anyway.

F'n pussies. They can cry all they want, but until they start imposing their will, they will be just that, a bunch of f'n pussies.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Norcal said:

More like mugged by Letang. 

Guess he doesn't wanna miss a thing on his last chance. 

The way I saw it Cozens was hit shoulder-to-shoulder and was going down anyway before he tripped over Letang's leg.  If it were Dahlin applying the hit everyone in Sabrespace would have called it good.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The way I saw it Couzins was hit shoulder-to-shoulder and was going down anyway before he tripped over Letang's leg.  If it were Dahlin applying the hit everyone in Sabrespace would have called it good.

It was a sneaky slew foot, not to mention a high stick. Just like Sydney is always doing sneaky dirty crap on faceoffs. Got to admit, they are good at getting away with a lot of dirty and always have been. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SwampD said:

One goal. totally worth watching. Can we finally agree that they are not a good team yet?

Cozens was owned by Letang (that's French for "the tang"). Not sure what he was complaining about.

I can totally agree with you. I've not once called them a good team yet. I said before the year started that I didn't even think they were a bubble team yet.

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nothing overly unexpected here. Kiss those playoff dreams goodbye (if you had them). We cannot play with the big boys. More competitive than last year, but still far away.

Cozens whining instead of scuffling was disappointing, but the biggest disappointment on the night for me was when Thompson got manhandled to the ice by their  D man and he didn't do a damn thing. Big guy like that with no physical push back, I guess that's Sabres hockey. 

Maybe one day we won't be a soft team any more....................maybe one day...............

Who could have guessed you'd jump in near the end of the thread and leave a post like this? 

I'm starting to think ForeverPerrault doesn't mean Forever Sabres for you. 

Your comments read more and more like a bitter fan of another team who knows the Sabres time is coming and doesn't want to admit it. 

They're coming.

It is happening.

Letang made some questionable plays near the end of the game after Tuch broke Petrys baby soft arm, which you would have known if you were watching the game. 

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

It was a sneaky slew foot, not to mention a high stick. Just like Sydney is always doing sneaky dirty crap on faceoffs. Got to admit, they are good at getting away with a lot of dirty and always have been. 

This. Add 800+ game The Tang to that list.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.