GDT: Canadiens @ Sabres, 7pm 10/27/22, msg wgr

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, we have a goalie that can keep us in position to win games, that's nice. To bad the boys couldn't finish some of their chances, it happens, even to the best of them. Bit of a disappointment not getting possession until little time left at the end there.

Montreal wanted it more.

I really have no complaints, good, competitive hockey.

See the bold above.  If true, that would be my complaint.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Gallant effort my azz Rayor.  A home loss to Montreal is unacceptable.  

Rob Ray is an ass and it’s embarrassing that he’s employed by the franchise. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Stop it. 

Right? If we’re going to suck we should at least look forward to drafting Bedard. 

• Agree 1

Just now, #freejame said:

Rob Ray is an ass and it’s embarrassing that he’s employed by the franchise. 

Right? If we’re going to suck we should at least look forward to drafting Bedard. 

8 minutes ago, Stads said:

A Mans Butt GIF

Edited by Thorny

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Harsh take: Granato deer in the headlights in crunch won't be so forgivable if games ever matter.

Goal. The. Pulley.

Granato won’t be the coach to lead us to the promised land. We just need him to get the team to both believe in themselves and have a record that reflects said belief. Someone else is going to take us over the hump (Mike Peca???)

• Haha (+1) 1

Good game, bad result. Still stuff to fix but we were the better team tonight. I'm hockey though that doesn't always matter. Gotta keep working to be better though and they have a pp and some d zone things to work on. 

Okay I'm out. Team stormcloud needs to blow itself out with overreacting so have at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

And they did have control several times breaking out. Comrie was statue like. Granted they lost the puck moments later. Don't coach out of fear.

There was a game earlier this year where the pull was late too. I guess it was the Florida game 

Sabres played alright for the most part; they lost on 2 unlucky bounces into our net and a handful of unlucky bounces offensively. 

The defense looks paltry without Muel and Joker. Power hasn't looked the same since their injuries.

Krebs is a tenacious, great passer, who out right refuses to shoot the puck.

Tage is effectively snake bitten with sheer number of posts and near goals he's had this year thus far.

Skinner was ok offensively and at least got a goal.

MTL's goalie had a horseshoe up his *** with some of his luck tonight.

Angry but more at the result than the effort.

Edited by thewookie1

I caught a good part of the first and most of the second.  Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised at the energy level.  They weren't dead at all.  

Granato's rotation theory or whatever remains suspect--he should ice the best team he can every night IMO--but they didn't look terrible.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I recall. It's becoming a thing.

You can just say it.  It'll be ok.  You miss him.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Good game, bad result. Still stuff to fix but we were the better team tonight. I'm hockey though that doesn't always matter. Gotta keep working to be better though and they have a pp and some d zone things to work on. 

Okay I'm out. Team stormcloud needs to blow itself out with overreacting so have at it. 

You can't be so tone deaf as to not understand why this franchise doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. No moral victories.

• Like (+1) 2

@LGR4GM you laughed at my post and I would like to know why. Almost year in and year out in the NHL we see coaches brought in for rebuilding teams that don’t get them over the hump. Everything this franchise has done signals Peca has a significant role in the future of the organization. Probably won’t be him. Probably should be someone with experience. But don’t act like it’s not something that’s seen every year. None of what I said was a shot at meatballs. It’s a statement on how NHL teams operate. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

We are not going to suck. At least not by design.  No way will I watch them if the ever do that again. 

I am already concerned about attendance at home.   I watched 4 minutes of hockey tonight and it looked and sounded like a Montreal home game.  

This group has to figure out how to climb up to playing respectable hockey and be consistently hard to play against.  I want to get the fans back.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.