Sabres Sign Matt Savoie, Noah Östlund and Jiri Kulich to ELCs

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Sign Matt Savoie, Noah Östlund and Jiri Kulich to ELCs
1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

This is a crazy trend of signing kids so quickly. Washington just signed two 3rd round picks from this draft.

All your 1st 3 rounders, that don't have other contracts/ NCAA aspirations, should get signed quick.  The ELC contracts have very little range on base salary & it's really only a question of how many bonuses to make them eligible for.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I know that jaded Sabres fans sometimes respond with “yeah sure, people have been telling me that for years and they still stink.” but Buffalo really does have a stunning amount of young player/prospect depth right now (and with the additional 4 round 1/2 picks next draft).  The high level prospects that are going to be filtering  into Rochester/Buffalo over the next 3-4 years is going to be impressive.

Let the cream rise to the top, and it’s probably going to be necessary to make a couple consolidation trades with the rest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Since Kulich doesn't have a contract, this means they can assign him pretty much wherever they want, no?

I wonder if Rochester might be in the cards? He's probably physically more ready than Rosen and Kisakov.

Also, Östlund, I believe, is under contract. But under the latest CBA, doesn't his 1st-round status give the Sabres control of where he goes, as well?

Or was that a different nuance to do with 1st-round Swedes?

Savoie is Buff or Winnipeg.

16 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Too bad Savoie hasn’t skated, it would’ve been nice to see.

Congrats to all three.

Kulich sounds like a keeper, love the JJ comparison. If they feel he is too good for the Q then the AHL it is.

scouts compared him to horvat

Edited by Buffalonill

24 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Too bad Savoie hasn’t skated, it would’ve been nice to see.

Congrats to all three.

Kulich sounds like a keeper, love the JJ comparison. If they feel he is too good for the Q then the AHL it is.

I’d love to see him at training camp going against the nhl guys with that speed. Wouldn’t hate a 9 game tryout either

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

In what way? His game seems to be nothing like Horvat’s.

I didn’t see that comparison, though if I squint I can see it I guess.

Kulich might be a faster skater and Horvat might be stronger, both both are 200 ft centers with good shots who are more shooter than playmaker.  Idk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.