2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

I don’t know if Benson is better than Savoie or not. I do know that they have dynamic chemistry together. If you are lucky enough to draft Benson then keep them together and profit. Find a big physical winger to play with them and you have a heck of a line.

But if they draft Benson then that does open up a deal for an Östlund or Rosen.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

No.  He literally had the entire offseason to rehab.  He was healthy.

Feels like you are bending over backwards to find a reason to diss Benson just because you don’t think Buffalo should draft another smaller forward.  

Benson finished only behind Bedard in WHL scoring for draft year guys.

You are being kind of weird about this.

Don't know if he was still hindered by the shoulder or not early on; but defintiely remember people speculating that was why Savoie had a slow start this year.

And will take the word of those of you that pay far more attention to Juniors than this guy that Benson is better than Savoie (haven't seen anywhere close to enough of either to have a legit opinion on the matter).  Just pointing out that there MAY be something to @Buffalonill's position regarding Savoie's shoulder.

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you haven't been watching the news.

He better find a way to stay because these players will never see the NHL with this war 

Too early to say.  It’s interesting and concerning, but I don’t think we can say what the results will be.

Can you explain your reasoning for why you are so certain that this will prevent hockey players from coming to the United States?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

Too early to say.  It’s interesting and concerning, but I don’t think we can say what the results will be.

Can you explain your reasoning for why you are so certain that this will prevent hockey players from coming to the United States?

Seeing how they woud be forced to be In the war is my reasoning.

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Seeing how they woud be forced to be In the war is my reasoning.

I doubt it.  I think we are pretty far from full scale collapse of the Russian government.  That’s basically where we would need to be before I think star hockey players would be enlisted by force.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I doubt it.  I think we are pretty far from full scale collapse of the Russian government.  That’s basically where we would need to be before I think star hockey players would be enlisted by force.

Do you think the Russian army care one  ounce about hockey ? Russia players have military obligation they have to go 

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Do you think the Russian army care one  ounce about hockey ? Russia players have military obligation they have to go 

As of right now, yes, the Russian army does care about hockey.  The pro hockey players are exempted from their military requirements as long as they honor their KHL contracts.

Hockey is a propaganda tool of the Russian government and players serve the government better in that capacity.  I honestly have a hard time envisioning a scenario where this would change.

Edited by Curt

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Apparently there is a leak in the duck's organization rumors are they  Are taking Carlsson.

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jeff Marek mentioned someone told him do not be surprised if the Ducks take Michkov. 

I believe Marek (or Friedman) also brought up the extremely good point that everyone lies, lol.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I don't think the issue is so much enlisting players for the military as it would be allowing people to leave Russia. I agree with @Buffalonill(unusual to do so) that the war and the internal conflict within the country is a potentially complicating feature to drafting Russian prospects. There is another aspect to this situation. Because of the situation that is getting more out of control by the day, the Sabres might be able to get a high end prospect at a lower draft spot because some teams would be reluctant to risk losing out on a prospect due to availability concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I agree there won’t be a full scale collapse of the Russian government, but the effects of this situation are going to reverberate. There’s 10x more questions now. Will Russia declare martial law? Will they block all those leaving the country? If Wagner becomes defunct, who will take their place? Will Russia turn to widespread conscription to fight Putin’s war? If all this happens, is a KHL season in jeopardy? Will all this nonsense make prospects more likely to jump ship now?

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I agree there won’t be a full scale collapse of the Russian government, but the effects of this situation are going to reverberate. There’s 10x more questions now. Will Russia declare martial law? Will they block all those leaving the country? If Wagner becomes defunct, who will take their place? Will Russia turn to widespread conscription to fight Putin’s war? If all this happens, is a KHL season in jeopardy? Will all this nonsense make prospects more likely to jump ship now?

As you point out there are a lot of unknowns. Organizations prefer not dealing with unknowns. If you were a scout or in some way associated with a team, would you want to go to Russia and risk being arrested on some manufactured charged and be used as a hostage and trade chip? What a mess!

2 hours ago, Curt said:

We are always one defenestration away from the collapse of the Russian government.

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Had to look it up. There have been a huge number of falls out of windows. Oligarchs must be moving into single story mansions.

Kremlin just stated that it is preparing for martial law and has ordered Prigo's arrest.  No way should the Sabres take a Russian in the early rounds.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.