2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

28 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Run to the podium for Benson

Oh man, if Benson falls to 13 (wouldn’t be shocked) and Buffalo passes, I’ll be so bummed.  Don’t over think it!  He is really really good!  And 5’10” 170 isn’t even THAT small.

I get that you can only have so many smaller forwards in the lineup, but trade a couple of the other guys if you need to.

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Does buffalo really need another soft little player? 

He definitely isn’t soft.  He is just a little bit little.

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Tell me you have never watched Benson play without telling me you have never seen him play

Buffalo should be trading that pick  To begin with for help now.

How many more draft picks do we need I mean seriously can we use them to actually improve the team and make the playoffs

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo should be trading that pick  To begin with for help now.

How many more draft picks do we need I mean seriously can we use them to actually improve the team and make the playoffs

I agree, I think they should trade it for a top 4 defender. But that doesn't change the fact Benson is a top talent. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Savoie drops into buffalo's  Lap and you want to trade him?

Only in buffalo people who trade away a player for a lottery ticket.

Savoie still *is* the mystery box. I highly doubt he’s saying he’d deal Savoie for a pick 

• Like (+1) 1

Ask me who scored more pts on the same team on the same line this year, Savoie or Benson? 

If you draft Benson, I'd trade either savoie or Östlund 

Just now, Thorny said:

Savoie still *is* the mystery box. I highly doubt he’s saying he’d deal Savoie for a pick 

Nope, I'd be looking to trade him for young defense help or a diff style of player. 

• Like (+1) 1

Benson is a better player than Savoie.  Benson is a year and a half younger, they literally played on the same team, on the same line and Benson had a better season.

Benson has been considered one of the elite talents of this draft for years.  He was granted exceptional status and allowed to enter the WHL early because he was so good.

He only falling down Draft boards because of his size.  Getting Benson at #13 would be a bigger deal than getting Savoie at #9 last season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ask me who scored more pts on the same team on the same line this year, Savoie or Benson? 

If you draft Benson, I'd trade either savoie or Östlund 

Nope, I'd be looking to trade him for young defense help or a diff style of player. 

Was he not injured for the first 2 months? And after recovery went on a scoring streak 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Was he not injured for the first 2 months? And after recovery went on a scoring streak 

No. Savoie played more games than Benson and is still 17 months older. 

Savoie was injured but was cleared to play before the season began. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don’t think so.  He was rehabbing a shoulder injury over the offseason, but I don’t think he got injured during the season.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No. Savoie played more games than Benson and is still 17 months older. 

Savoie was injured but was cleared to play before the season began. 

I don't understand why you're trying to paint a bad picture about someone he was clearly recovering the first 2 months of the season there was reports about it .

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

But he was still recovering the first 2 months 

No.  He literally had the entire offseason to rehab.  He was healthy.

Feels like you are bending over backwards to find a reason to diss Benson just because you don’t think Buffalo should draft another smaller forward.  

Benson finished only behind Bedard in WHL scoring for draft year guys.

You are being kind of weird about this.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

No.  He literally had the entire offseason to rehab.  He was healthy.

Feels like you are bending over backwards to find a reason to diss Benson just because you don’t think Buffalo should draft another smaller forward.  

Benson finished only behind Bedard in WHL scoring for draft year guys.

You are being kind of weird about this.

He wasn't there were reports that he was still recovering and slowly getting back to his normal self .

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't understand why you're trying to paint a bad picture about someone he was clearly recovering the first 2 months of the season there was reports about it .

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. Benson is better than Savoie. That's just how it is, doesn't mean Savoie isn't good. 

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

So how does Benson compare with Michkov...how much of a difference is there between the two.....assuming Michkov is taken before Benson?

Both smaller wingers with good but not elite skating.  Michkov is a dynamically creative shooter/goal scorer and a pretty good playmaker too.  Benson is a really good playmaker who can score goals but just isn’t the same goal scoring talent that Michkov is.

Michkov is a cut above.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.