Sabres Sign Isak Rosen to His ELC

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Do you feel the same way about Kisakov, Bloom and Nadeau?

Rosen has achieved as much against his peers as any of them.

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to these types of signings, and didn't pay any attention to when the other guys signed... But I will say every one of those guys you mentioned is further along than Rosen is right now.

34 minutes ago, inkman said:

Based on the tiny weenie posters claiming how much of a waif this kid is, I was expecting DJ Qualls.  He’s a normal sized person.  My lord. 

Yeah, he's already Weissbach-sized.

Now... he's 5 years younger than Weissbach and so I don't expect him to produce for the Amerks like Weissbach did in his rookie season (16-21-37 in 67 GP) because he'll need to adapt to new ice, a new life, etc. But with a couple years of AHL grooming and filling out as he becomes an adult, I expect he'll start looking really good in that Amerks sweater and the fans of Rochester will be sad to see him go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Outside of his inflated draft position, he's done absolutely nothing to deserve this.

30 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to these types of signings, and didn't pay any attention to when the other guys signed... But I will say every one of those guys you mentioned is further along than Rosen is right now.

So he's done nothing to deserve it and you don't pay attention, got it. Seems like a paradox. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

What exactly are you basing this on?  Rosen has played against men for much of the past 2 seasons.  None of those other players have.  When Rosen has played in junior leagues, he has always produced.

Edited by Curt

43 minutes ago, Curt said:

When Rosen has played in junior leagues, he has always produced.

Check his ppg in the Swedish Junior League this year. Small sample size of only 8 games, but he's WAY back.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/j20-nationell/stats/2021-2022?sort=ppg

And it's not like he's got the size to make up for his pedestrian scoring against other kids. I could probably look the other way if he was knocking on 200lbs. 

11 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Check his ppg in the Swedish Junior League this year. Small sample size of only 8 games, but he's WAY back.

And it's not like he's got the size to make up for his pedestrian scoring against other kids. I could probably look the other way if he was knocking on 200lbs. 

His scoring against other kids is not pedestrian.  He is as close to the league leading pace as any of those other prospects are and as you said, the sample size is so small that quibbling over tenths of points per game is absolutely useless.  The fact is that he has been very productive against players his age.

46 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

You’re losing your ***** because he scored 11 goals and 21 points in 20 games as a 17 and 18 year-old in a U20 league?

How many times have you watched him play?

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

The guy we picked in the 6th round out produced him in the same league... And he has a WAY cooler name to boot.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/420445/william-von-barnekow

Rosen played 9 games. 😂.

The one game I saw him play (vs the Slovaks at the WJC) he looked fine. He looked more solid on his skates than his rep had me expecting and he was fast and he engaged. Didn’t accomplish much, certainly didn’t stand out, but you could tell he had skill.

I have concerns about Rosen too, but I could never make up my mind like you have with such a small bucket of information.

Edited by dudacek

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Rosen played 9 games. 😂.

The one game I saw him play (vs the Slovaks at the WJC) he looked fine. He looked more solid on his skates than his rep had me expecting and he was fast and he engaged. Didn’t accomplish much, certainly didn’t stand out, but you could tell he had skill.

I have concerns about Rosen too, but I could never make up my mind like you have with such a small bucket of information.

I'm just P.O.'d they took him where they did, mainly just based on the U18s. If they wanted to take a high risk - high reward player, I wish they would have did some homework on a CHL kid that didn't play due to the lockdown. 

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Lots o you guys kickin sand in the kids face. Whatever makes you feel good about yourselves I suppose. Hey I’m bald and I’ve been told I have a big nose but I’m not about to tear a kid down for his looks. He seems fine to me.

tbh he's in that weird uncomfortable phase of almost-man.  We've all been there, we all grew out of it. 

Except me but luckily I found a woman who likes dorks just fine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm just P.O.'d they took him where they did, mainly just based on the U18s. If they wanted to take a high risk - high reward player, I wish they would have did some homework on a CHL kid that didn't play due to the lockdown. 

Like Wyatt Johnson? 

Rosen might bust but I am willing to let him cook another few years before calling it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.