World Championships 2022 Thread

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

re Power: I can't blame him, but I was hoping he would. 

Really hoping Mitts takes part. Want him to take a leap forward and this might help. 

He should be recovering, resting and working out during the offseason. After his surgery and rehab he got back on the ice although he was not completely healed i.e. without pain. The medical staff made the judgment that returning to play wouldn't aggravate the injury but he would have to endure some pain. His first priority is to get fully healthy and prepare for the upcoming season. 

37 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He should be recovering, resting and working out during the offseason. After his surgery and rehab he got back on the ice although he was not completely healed i.e. without pain. The medical staff made the judgment that returning to play wouldn't aggravate the injury but he would have to endure some pain. His first priority is to get fully healthy and prepare for the upcoming season. 

Oh come on, the World Championship is a couple weeks long and then he gets months of rest and rehab before September/October.  Having as many of our players as possible experience some high level competition is a good thing for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh come on, the World Championship is a couple weeks long and then he gets months of rest and rehab before September/October.  Having as many of our players as possible experience some high level competition is a good thing for them. 

The competition level at the IIHF tourney isn’t as high as you think it is. If Mitts and other players are asked and wanna go, fine. But if they wanna get away from hockey for a while, it’s ok, too. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

He is going to have to decide for himself what is best for him. The tournament may be only two weeks but you also have to include the training to prepare and the practice time with your teammates. It should not be forgotten that he had surgery during the season and after returning to action he was still playing hurt. Even his coach pointed out that Mitts was playing hurt. Getting back to full health, refreshed and prepared for training camp should be his priority. Working on his golf game will also help him to come into camp invigorated and ready to go. So my recommendation would be not to go to the world hockey tournament. Relax, recover and have a beer or two with the boys and girls in your circle. 

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

He is going to have to decide for himself what is best for him. The tournament may be only two weeks but you also have to include the training to prepare and the practice time with your teammates. It should not be forgotten that he had surgery during the season and after returning to action he was still playing hurt. Even his coach pointed out that Mitts was playing hurt. Getting back to full health, refreshed and prepared for training camp should be his priority. Working on his golf game will also help him to come into camp invigorated and ready to go. So my recommendation would be not to go to the world hockey tournament. Relax, recover and have a beer or two with the boys and girls in your circle. 

Respectfully disagree. he had a very short season. A bit of real competition would do him good. 

If he's been playing hurt, which I doubt, then the Sabres are a very stupid organization just like Robyn Lehner and Jack said. I don't believe that. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Respectfully disagree. he had a very short season. A bit of real competition would do him good. 

If he's been playing hurt, which I doubt, then the Sabres are a very stupid organization just like Robyn Lehner and Jack said. I don't believe that. 

I respectfully disagree with you respectfully disagreeing with me. 

The coach said that he was playing hurt. Is that an accurate description of his status? I can't say for sure. By the last third of the season most players are banged up.  But what was evident is that when Olofsson and Mitts came back from their respective injuries, it took an extended period time before they got back to their normal brand of play. We shall see. 🍷

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully disagree with you respectfully disagreeing with me. 

The coach said that he was playing hurt. Is that an accurate description of his status? I can't say for sure. By the last third of the season most players are banged up.  But what was evident is that when Olofsson and Mitts came back from their respective injuries, it took an extended period time before they got back to their normal brand of play. We shall see. 🍷

banged up, long grind, millions of dollars to do it, but maybe add in national pride. Remember Ryan Smyth? Captain Canada? Always came out, banged up or not. That's character. Character guys is what I want on this team. I think playing in this tournament will be good for any and all of them, banged up or not. 

47 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

banged up, long grind, millions of dollars to do it, but maybe add in national pride. Remember Ryan Smyth? Captain Canada? Always came out, banged up or not. That's character. Character guys is what I want on this team. I think playing in this tournament will be good for any and all of them, banged up or not. 

My answer remains an unequivocal no as it pertains to Mitts. If he wants to play in the tournament, then that's his call. Otherwise, I would recommend that he concentrate on recovering from his bruises and start with the preparation for next season.  We simply disagree on this issue. That's okay. 

8 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Congratulations to the East Coast.

I love the World Juniors and the Maritimes, I may try to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.