World Championships 2022 Thread

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Crap refereeing. Heiskanen hits himself in the face and Sillinger called for a high stick.

Edit: and Finland score on the 5 on 3 pp.

That penalty call was egregious and now the back up goalie enters the game?

Sillinger will be heard from before its over I'm betting

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, steveoath said:

***** to be decided on OT pp, when arguably both players should've been in the box. Tompkins lateral movement is terrible though and Finland knew it.

Tompkins plays in the finnish leagues.

It's unfortunate he even had to play in this game. 

Its frickin ridiculous that the game and tournament was decided by the referees, schmucks.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Norcal said:

It's frickin ridiculous that the game and tournament was decided by the referees, schmucks.

I'm at an arena for my son and just heard all Finns singing "We Are The Champions" as the music is pumped into the arena. Obviously the ceremony was all preplanned, but it seems a little low end under the circumstances.

11 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm at an arena for my son and just heard all Finns singing "We Are The Champions" as the music is pumped into the arena. Obviously the ceremony was all preplanned, but it seems a little low end under the circumstances.

And the party won't stop for a while they say.

Great tournament for Canada and Cozens. Almost the immaculate comeback but that ref my oh my.

Watching Tompkins play net makes me angry all over again about Levi and the Olympics

Dahlin has already arrived but let’s hope this was a big springboard for Cozens and Asplund to pull“A Tage” next year.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Dangit just tuned in for the interview with Sabres stud Dylan Cozens but missed the first two periods, sad.

Did everyone catch that interview though? Asked about his goal, he talked about the great pass from Barzal. Asked about his play in the tourney he gave all the credit to his line mates. Not a single word about himself. How it should be! We can dub him the anti-Eichel. or in the terminology of Shorsey, "what a beauty." I will say it again, slap a letter on that boy's jersey!

Good game, refs sucked, goalie injury probably sunk them more though. Good effort though, good game, and Cozens! Hurts to lose I'm sure, but in time, silver medal ain't nothing and it's still a solid accomplishment they can be proud of. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.