World Championships 2022 Thread

Brawndo

6-1 Canada win. Cozens with 2 goals and assist.

Cozens named one of the 3 top players for Canada for the tournament.

Cozens, Dahlin, Asplund all won best players for their teams. Great tournament for development.

Cozens vs Joker for Gold tomorrow 

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Mike Johnson just talked about Dylan Cozens during the broadcast for a few mins. 

Cozens coming out party? He's having a great tournament however you slice it.

I thought Cozens was gonna play well when he told Granato before they departed Buffalo to join their national teams that when he played the US team he (Cozens) was “gonna kill ‘em.” That really confirmed what I’ve felt about Cozens for a while now. It’s not just that he loves winning or hates losing, it’s that he’s a warrior on the ice that wants to rip your heart out and show it to you as you crumble.

He competes his ass off and win or lose, you’ll know you were in a game when it’s over. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s crazy how often Sabres players and prospects have stood out on other stages over the past 8 months.

Not the usual Sabre fans saying “he looked pretty good”, more media and fans of other teams saying “that guy looks great”

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

6-1 Canada win. Cozens with 2 goals and assist.

Cozens named one of the 3 top players for Canada for the tournament.

Cozens, Dahlin, Asplund all won best players for their teams. Great tournament for development.

Cozens vs Joker for Gold tomorrow 

I thought Joker was out with COVID. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I thought Cozens was gonna play well when he told Granato before they departed Buffalo to join their national teams that when he played the US team he (Cozens) was “gonna kill ‘em.” That really confirmed what I’ve felt about Cozens for a while now. It’s not just that he loves winning or hates losing, it’s that he’s a warrior on the ice that wants to rip your heart out and show it to you as you crumble.

He competes his ass off and win or lose, you’ll know you were in a game when it’s over. 

Translation of Swedish interview prior to Canada/Sweden posted on another site:

Now Dahlin is up against Buffalo forward Dylan Cozens, who has had a good World Cup tournament in terms of points and scored four goals and four assists in seven games.

- I'm very close with him. I know how he is, says Rasmus Dahlin and smiles quirkily.

And what does it mean?

- He is extremely competitive. When it does not go his way, he does not get so happy. So I'll try to make him feel that way today.

• Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Translation of Swedish interview prior to Canada/Sweden posted on another site:

Now Dahlin is up against Buffalo forward Dylan Cozens, who has had a good World Cup tournament in terms of points and scored four goals and four assists in seven games.

- I'm very close with him. I know how he is, says Rasmus Dahlin and smiles quirkily.

And what does it mean?

- He is extremely competitive. When it does not go his way, he does not get so happy. So I'll try to make him feel that way today.

Case in point. And I love it. I suspect Cozens brings it in practice like he brings it in games, too. I suspect other guys on the team do as well. And that’s how teams get better. Full stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

@K-9 pretty much summed up my thoughts. Just add I thought Cozens really elevated his game as the tournament progressed and he brought his best for the biggest games. He played really well but looked kind of shocked that he was named one of the top 3. Speaks to a humbleness to go along with his work ethic. Is it his coming out party? Maybe, he's definitely close if not there already. 

I said this earlier in the year and I'm doubling down on it after watching him play wing in this tournament. really think we should consider him as a winger not a center. It suits his game and style and pairing him with a playmaking center (perhaps Krebs) might be the best move for us going forward. Not saying he can't succeed as a center, just think he might be a better winger. Future is bright regardless. 

and slap an 'A' on his jersey next year, it's time. 

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

@K-9 pretty much summed up my thoughts. Just add I thought Cozens really elevated his game as the tournament progressed and he brought his best for the biggest games. He played really well but looked kind of shocked that he was named one of the top 3. Speaks to a humbleness to go along with his work ethic. Is it his coming out party? Maybe, he's definitely close if not there already. 

I said this earlier in the year and I'm doubling down on it after watching him play wing in this tournament. really think we should consider him as a winger not a center. It suits his game and style and pairing him with a playmaking center (perhaps Krebs) might be the best move for us going forward. Not saying he can't succeed as a center, just think he might be a better winger. Future is bright regardless. 

and slap an 'A' on his jersey next year, it's time. 

Or pair him with Krebs and Dubois😁

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I thought Joker was out with COVID. 

Maybe he is. I haven't Watched Finland play.

I hope Donny Meatballs watches the game film of Cozens.  He enjoyed success at worlds and perhaps deploying him similarly on the Sabres will boost his scoring.  For instance, he might be a good candidate to put in the slot for power plays.  He seems to do well in the dirty areas where reflexes are more important than having a great shot.  (Yes I know the video tweet I'm embedding was not on the power play)

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hope Donny Meatballs watches the game film of Cozens.  He enjoyed success at worlds and perhaps deploying him similarly on the Sabres will boost his scoring.  For instance, he might be a good candidate to put in the slot for power plays.  He seems to do well in the dirty areas where reflexes are more important than having a great shot.  (Yes I know the video tweet I'm embedding was not on the power play)

But that’s essentially where Cozens was used on Buffalo’s 2nd PP, in the slot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I suspect Donny G watched every minute of his game today.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Or pair him with Krebs and Dubois😁

Dubois has also been good but I'm going to assume with the smiley face you're not seriously suggesting Cozens rode the coattails of his center, because he definitely didn't. They played well together, as well as Batherson, and you can credit the coaching with assembling a line that complimented each other perfectly. But that's what I'm talking about (along with Doohickie's point above). Strength of his game is not open ice but on the wall, in the slot, front of the net, all the greasy areas where he will maneuvre in tight, unafraid, and even enjoying it. 

the top lines went head to head today for much of the game and although Krejci did get one goal, Pasternak looked totally frustrated. They basically shut them down and added scoring of their own. Perfect 2 way hockey. 

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dubois has also been good but I'm going to assume with the smiley face you're not seriously suggesting Cozens rode the coattails of his center, because he definitely didn't. They played well together, as well as Batherson, and you can credit the coaching with assembling a line that complimented each other perfectly. But that's what I'm talking about (along with Doohickie's point above). Strength of his game is not open ice but on the wall, in the slot, front of the net, all the greasy areas where he will maneuvre in tight, unafraid, and even enjoying it. 

the top lines went head to head today for much of the game and although Krejci did get one goal, Pasternak looked totally frustrated. They basically shut them down and added scoring of their own. Perfect 2 way hockey. 

The smiley was for trading for Dubois to run a Krebs Dubois Cozens line.

Cozens has been full value so far. He looks like he will be a playoff warrior when that day comes.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sweden with the choke job up 3-0 heading into the 3rd

Was that not a few days ago?

Anyhoo. Anyone watching the Gold medal game? Puck drop in 20 minutes. There is apparently a YouTube livestream but geoblocked here in UK. Fortunately its on our freesports channel, so can watch through their app.

Predictions? Canada 3 - 2 Finland. Cozens with the winner. 👍😀👍

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Am I going mad? The ice doesn't look olympic size in this tournament. Anyone know what size they are using?

The hybrid size it’s in between the classic international and NHL size. Supposedly hybrid and NHL style rinks are where Europe in going to over time.

3 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Entertaining first period.  Both teams have had sustained possession in spells. Dubois playing well, batherson too. Cozens not as noticeable.

Cozens made a couple plays, made a couple nice drives with drop passes with PLD

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.