Sabres game tonight or NFL draft?

mjd1001

Sabres game or NFL Draft, what will you be watching?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will you spend more time watching tonight?

• Mostly watching the Sabres game, only checking in on the draft occasionally or not at all.
    • Mostly watching the NFL Draft, only checking in on the Sabres game occasionally or not at all.
    • I'll be jumping back and forth between both pretty much 50% of the time with each.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Sabres only. The draft is unwatchable.

Too each their own.  Draft has a lot of entertainment value, and always interesting to see if the Bills can find a star in the 1st round.

A meaningless end of season hockey game featuring a team that is missing the playoffs AGAIN, not so much. 

39 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

A little off topic here, but another thing about the NFL (honestly a lot of sports) is the fantasy and gambling aspect.  It is OK for me if that is allowed...and I understand people really like their fantasy teams and gambling.  But being blasted with it over and over is turning me away for sure. Sometimes I'll listen to WGR, and you have commercials during the breaks for gambling sites....then you have commercials read by the hosts DURING the show...and then on top of it you have conversation between the hosts talking not about the game, but gambling and fantasy in addition to all that.  Again, if anyone likes gambling and fantasy fine, but just not being able to escape it at all  gets me to turn off the sports talk/game sometime and look for something else.

I'm in the same boat. I really don't care to hear about betting lines during the game at every intermission or during a break. It's just over-the-top at this point.

One of the biggest achievements that this coach with the cool blue framed glasses has accomplished is promote a style of play that is entertaining. Before he took over this team was dreadful to watch. At least under him, win, lose or draw this is an entertaining team. 

Not that long ago when New Jersey won the cup with their suffocating trap the beauty of the game was snuffed out. I took a long sabbatical from the sport. That's not the case now. The Sabres are a good skating and a fast paced team. The talent of the individual players is on display. The Sabres are for me fun to watch. 

I'll being watching the game but during the intermissions will tune in to the draft. 

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Too each their own.  Draft has a lot of entertainment value, and always interesting to see if the Bills can find a star in the 1st round.

Who the H#$! knows if the person they draft will be a star or not? It'll be a couple years at least before that's known.

I really can't stand to hear these guys who do their draft rankings, that tell us they know the difference two players, at two different positions, on two different teams that have never played each other. Ridiculous.

I do like watching the games, but my NFL consumption level during the offseason is precisely zero, because it's all just a bunch of recycled garbage they're talking about over and over.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Who the H#$! knows if the person they draft will be a star or not? It'll be a couple years at least before that's known.

I really can't stand to hear these guys who do their draft rankings, that tell us they know the difference two players, at two different positions, on two different teams that have never played each other. Ridiculous.

I do like watching the games, but my NFL consumption level during the offseason is precisely zero, because it's all just a bunch of recycled garbage they're talking about over and over.

I still enjoy it.  Like I said…too each their own. 😉

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

A meaningless end of season hockey game featuring a team that is missing the playoffs AGAIN, not so much. 

I love football.

Watching guys talk about football is pain.

Especially when they all talk just a little bit too loudly.

To each their own is right.

2 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I stopped watching the NFL years ago. Not for political reasons or anything--which is what everyone assumes now when I say that--but because the game is too slow and there are too many commercials. I don't believe the NFL is putting a quality entertainment product on the field anymore.

I barely watch football now too. Game just ain't what it used to be. 

But I will give you a tip on the only way to watch football now. Set it up to record and start watching the recording about 90 minutes after it starts. Fast forward all the commercials, intro, half time, video reviews, and other long breaks between plays and you will meet up to real time early in the 4th quarter so you won't get final score spoilers either. Saves a lot of time and makes the drawn out spectacle more watchable. 

The draft? Don't give a toss.  

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

and always interesting to see if the Bills can find a star in the 1st round.

I don't know enough bout college football to know if any of the names that are read out are any good.  Absolutely no reason to watch it live for me.  Zero entertainment value.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It ended up being neither, although the plan was to watch hockey.  I was stuck without wi-fi and couldn't get good enough cell service for the Sabres game.  Looks like that's ok after all.

Edited by Eleven

My TV will be tuned to Sabres 100% of the time.  I don't want to miss one second of RJ calling the Friday game, especially the in-between periods comments. 

The NFL draft is a carnival of fluff.  So called experts spouting off and questioning GM's.   Pundits getting excited about nothing. I will use my laptop to check on the Bills draft, but at the end of the day I trust Beane and Co know more about it than anyone else.  

I cannot believe a die hard Sabres fan could miss any of Friday's game.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If you want to see if Bills can find a star in the first round then you need to watch that player for the next 3+ years.  You won't know a thing about it otherwise.  (Recent Example:  Josh Allen)

For Friday:   Rick Jeanerette's last time calling a Sabres game is far from meaningless to most Sabres fans.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If you want to see if Bills can find a star in the first round then you need to watch that player for the next 3+ years.  You won't know a thing about it otherwise.  (Recent Example:  Josh Allen)

For Friday:   Rick Jeanerette's last time calling a Sabres game is far from meaningless to most Sabres fans.  

Poor choice of words(star) on my part.  Fast forward one day…I stand by my choice the NFL draft over a meaningless game where the Sabres got shellacked. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.