Payton Crebs: there are no egos in our room

SDS

2 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

I build organizations & companies for a living. Culture trumps everything. You can have all the talent in the world and a sound strategic plan, but if everyone is not unified and aligned with the culture, you will fail. Period.

I see that Kevin is building winning organization that will last. He is doing it the right way.

A bit simplified, for sure, and even naïve, possibly, as many successful organizations have been built (especially early on) with cultures of ruthless growth/success at any cost.

7 hours ago, SabresVet said:

Winning makes everything right.  

Culture is what people talk and get excited about when the team isn't winning.

These tweets are a lot of symbolism and not a lot of substance. 

^ This is wrong.  You pretty much have it backwards. 

6 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

I build organizations & companies for a living. Culture trumps everything. You can have all the talent in the world and a sound strategic plan, but if everyone is not unified and aligned with the culture, you will fail. Period.

I see that Kevin is building winning organization that will last. He is doing it the right way.

^  This is correct.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

A bit simplified, for sure, and even naïve, possibly, as many successful organizations have been built (especially early on) with cultures of ruthless growth/success at any cost.

Not naive.  They “succeeded” because they had people who bought in to it, ruthless or not.  Once growth starts and you are forced to hire the wrong people, ones who don’t fit the culture, performance will start to level out.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I think you mean Krebs?

Yes, you do have some reading to catch up on.  You will find that correcting spelling errors is severely frowned upon.  Please avoid this cringy AF behavior in the future.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Looks like you have some reading to catch up on around here.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

Yes, you do have some reading to catch up on.  You will find that correcting spelling errors is severely frowned upon.  Please avoid this cringy AF behavior in the future.

I thought that this had drifted into fun loving territory.  My mistake.

Is everything okay with you?  Not my business, but you seem to be caring this nonsense a long way.  It's just in fun now.  No?

• nfreeman changed the title to Payton Krebs: there are no egos in our room
33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I thought that this had drifted into fun loving territory.  My mistake.

Is everything okay with you?  Not my business, but you seem to be caring this nonsense a long way.  It's just in fun now.  No?

It could have been fun loving from the start.  I was not the one who made it a big thing.

To answer your questions, yes, everything is ok, but no, I don’t feel that it’s just fun now.  Yesterday’s interaction left me sour.  I remain sour on the subject.

• SDS changed the title to Payton Crebs: there are no egos in our room
18 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I really think that many are missing the whole point of this thread.

Yeah, when the thread title is used to take backhanded digs at other posters, it’s generally going to distract from the actual topic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.