Devon Levi watch, update: he's returning to college

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If we get burned again by any of our college draftees.....Levi, Johnson, even Portillo or heaven forbid Power....we should never draft a college bound player again....unless the NHL changes the rules so that teams can retain rights indefinitely.

that rule should be changed

• Like (+1) 1

The whole Cal Peterson narrative needs to just go away.

Who GAF about Cal ***** Peterson, anyway. He’s a career back up who chose to not go to a team that, at the time, had a bunch of those in front of him and who also had a dumpster fire of a team skating in front of them. I barely wanted to watch them then. It’s a different situation entirely now.

If Levi goes back to school, whatever. When or if they deem him ready to be our starting goaltender, he’ll play for the Sabres. He still has to beat sone other guys for it first.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Why ? If a player knows its the wrong team why stop them ? 

You will have to explain to me how a team has the right to make a draft pick but then that player can decide well its not the right team ?

Why even have a draft ?

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You will have to explain to me how a team has the right to make a draft pick but then that player can decide well its not the right team ?

Why even have a draft ?

Thats the risk of drafting you can't force someone to play for your organization if the heart is felling different. 

If you change the rules for college you have to change the CHL and thats not happening 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That simply isn’t true. It’s the 3rd youngest team in the NCAA with a bunch of good developing players including Jack Hughes who will be a late 1st rd or early second rd pick.  If you watched the game you saw them get dominated in the first but carry play for much of the next 2 periods against one of the top 4 and most veteran teams in college.

Over the course of the season, Northeastern was a below average NCAA D1 team in terms of shots/scoring chances for and against.  Levi’s outstanding performance really elevated them.  If they really are exceptionally young, then maybe they will be better next season.

56 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The whole Cal Peterson narrative needs to just go away.

Who GAF about Cal ***** Peterson, anyway. He’s a career back up who chose to not go to a team that, at the time, had a bunch of those in front of him and who also had a dumpster fire of a team skating in front of them. I barely wanted to watch them then. It’s a different situation entirely now.

If Levi goes back to school, whatever. When or if they deem him ready to be our starting goaltender, he’ll play for the Sabres. He still has to beat sone other guys for it first.

a back up making $5 million a year  i wish i wasn't jackie moon bad at sports 

Edited by Buffalonill

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

Don’t worry, Levi is going to sign this offseason.  He is the Sabres’ guy.  Wouldn’t be shocked if Portillo ends up as part of a package in a trade for a good roster player.

I really hope they dont i honestly believe will have a miller - biron  Tandem its exciting 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

Don’t worry, Levi is going to sign this offseason.  He is the Sabres’ guy.  Wouldn’t be shocked if Portillo ends up as part of a package in a trade for a good roster player.

Why trade Portillo?  If anyone is traded it should be UPL who is still a below average AHL goaltender.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why trade Portillo?  If anyone is traded it should be UPL who is still a below average AHL goaltender.

It’s not what I think is best necessarily, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what happens.

I guess the reasoning would because UPL ready to play in the NHL, they like Levi better than Portillo, they have some other roster hole they want to fill, and Portillo is a valuable trade chip.

32 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s not what I think is best necessarily, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what happens.

I guess the reasoning would because UPL ready to play in the NHL, they like Levi better than Portillo, they have some other roster hole they want to fill, and Portillo is a valuable trade chip.

Who said they like Levi better?  There is still a bias toward bigger goalies and Portillo has been Michigan’s team leader and has been stellar especially when a lot of guys went to the World Jrs and Olympics.

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Seems like you are trading low there 

Maybe he’s just not good enough and good to get something while you still can?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

a back up making $5 million a year  i wish i wasn't jackie moon bad at sports 

I have never cared about how much a player makes. It’s not my responsibility to pay them or fit them under the cap. I just want the team that root for to be good.

• Like (+1) 2