Lol.....what a dick

Claude Balls

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The fans never fully embraced Eichel? As a longtime suffering SHT, I find that comment just as insulting as Eichel’s. Jack’s failures aren’t his, but Pegula’s? The excuse train for Eichel and his own shortcomings is vomit inducing. 

The need to pin it all on one scapegoat induces even more bile from me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You're right.  There are two scapegoats.  Botterill and Housley.  Because if they had just made O'Reilly captain, we wouldn't have had four more years of this stuff.

As for Eichel's comments, he's clearly pissed that he lost, which is a good quality in a pro athlete.  I don't know whether he was treated poorly by the crowd, but if he was, shame on the crowd.  It's not his fault that the parade of GMs and coaches couldn't do a thing right during his seven year time here.  I would have wanted out, too.

The clap back at the crowd was stupid and petulant and came off as such, but he'll get over it.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but scapegoating any one person for the failures of a hockey team is ridiculous. Stupid, actually. 

But when a player is gonna call out the fans, it’s gloves off and he deserves whatever negative response he gets. I’ve been supporting this team long before Jack was a gleam in his daddy’s eye and nobody rooted for Eichel and wanted success for him more than I did and for him to throw us under the bus like he did last night was as classless as it gets in my book. Eichel can go F himself. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're right.  There are two scapegoats.  Botterill and Housley.  Because if they had just made O'Reilly captain, we wouldn't have had four more years of this stuff.

As for Eichel's comments, he's clearly pissed that he lost, which is a good quality in a pro athlete.  I don't know whether he was treated poorly by the crowd, but if he was, shame on the crowd.  It's not his fault that the parade of GMs and coaches couldn't do a thing right during his seven year time here.  I would have wanted out, too.

The clap back at the crowd was stupid and petulant and came off as such, but he'll get over it.

No more petulant and stupid than what the crowd did to him all game. Whatever. Its sports.

Just another example of how little class the guy has. I was waiting for him to pull his usual temper tantrum at the end and break his stick over the goalpost after he gave away the puck at the end there. I actually feel we are a better team without him and am so glad we got what we did.

The return was great and the future does look good for this team. Every time we get good goaltending we are competitive. I also fear Jack is one good hit from suffering a further serious injury. Good riddance is all I can say!   

Oh and the fans (including me) are maybe the most passionate in the NHL. To bitch about them is pathetic. Just no class whatsoever...

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but scapegoating any one person for the failures of a hockey team is ridiculous. Stupid, actually. 

But when a player is gonna call out the fans, it’s gloves off and he deserves whatever negative response he gets. I’ve been supporting this team long before Jack was a gleam in his daddy’s eye and nobody rooted for Eichel and wanted success for him more than I did and for him to throw us under the bus like he did last night was as classless as it gets in my book. Eichel can go F himself. 

Do you think he was lying? It sure sounded the loudest it has in a while.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

No more petulant and stupid than what the crowd did to him all game. Whatever. Its sports.

As I said in my post when I got home last night, I didn’t boo or cheer because Eichel is just another player on another team at this point.

He got a rude welcome back to be sure,  but the same fans who booed him also gave a standing ovation during his tribute video. 

Fans have every right to boo or cheer, regardless. Not sure why you feel the need to call them petulant and stupid for exercising that right. Are you so chaste and pure as the driven snow that you’ve never booed at a sporting event? Gimme a break. 

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Good summary of the whole situation right here.

Not lying, just hyperbolic.  It's been quiet since COVID.  He's heard louder crowds in there--much louder--and we all know it.  Doesn't matter, as you say.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As I said in my post when I got home last night, I didn’t boo or cheer because Eichel is just another player on another team at this point.

He got a rude welcome back to be sure,  but the same fans who booed him also gave a standing ovation during his tribute video. 

Fans have every right to boo or cheer, regardless. Not sure why you feel the need to call them petulant and stupid for exercising that right. Are you so chaste and pure as the driven snow that you’ve never booed at a sporting event? Gimme a break. 

No. But im not the one butthurt over his comments.

He obviously struck a nerve in many fans.

I attended dozens of games during Eichel’s tenure here and he’s wrong about that being the loudest. He’s not even close, actually. Ironically, some of the loudest that building ever got was for things he did, like scoring a game winner against the Leafs for instance. 

• Like (+1) 2

Personally, I never 'fully embraced' Eichel.  I hardly go to games so its not like I'm someone who cheered or booed anyway.

But there was just something about him. I liked him as a Sabre, I wanted him to do well, but I never got that fan-player 'warm and fuzzy feeling' of feeing he was 'one of us'.   

To me, last nights comments aren't a huge deal, but they somewhat cement the feeling I had for him even when he was a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I booed. Trade demands, the way he dragged the team with the injury thing... he was messy. Came off entitled and got his way. Boo!!! 

Now we know booing worked, and hes all rattled?! Oh man I can't wait to boo even harder next year!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah he olny helped out the  Buffalo community Seeing kids with cancer helping out nurses donating tons of money

What an ass

Let's all be real and agree that Jack Eichel is worse than Vladimir Putin.  Even though he's not starting real wars, the emotional damage he did in wanting out of Buffalo  has done lasting emotional damage to many Sabres fans.  They are aggrieved, angry, and lash out at the mere mention of his name.  Isn't that enough to place him in front of an authoritarian on the "I hate him" list?  I believe so.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Drag0nDan said:

I booed. Trade demands, the way he dragged the team with the injury thing... he was messy. Came off entitled and got his way. Boo!!! 

Now we know booing worked, and hes all rattled?! Oh man I can't wait to boo even harder next year!

Which is your right as a fan. It’s a shame that some people want to begrudge you that. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SwampD said:

In my opinion, there is a difference.  The fans in the crowd pay good money to watch the game.  The players, on the other hand, are paid (handsomely) to do their jobs.  Part of their job is to act as good ambassadors for their sport, at least it should be in an ideal world.  Many players do.

I also don't condone booing players, unless they do something awful during the game.

Edited by RangerDave
booing
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

FC3282DB-1BED-4A17-A952-8C5451B3E1AC.jpeg

1 minute ago, RangerDave said:

In my opinion, there is a difference.  The fans in the crowd pay good money to watch the game.  The players, on the other hand, are paid (handsomely) to do their jobs.  Part of their job is to act as good ambassadors for their sport, at least it should be in an ideal world.  Many players do.

I paid to boo his ass. And his on ice body language alone made it worth it. When he turned it over and threw it out of the zone on a power play, the crowd went wild and that was the moment I knew that he was completely rattled. The presser was just the cherry on top!

• Like (+1) 2

I was there and I boo’d the living ***** out of him every time he touched the puck. It’s the only reason why I went to the game. ***** him. There’s absolutely nothing any of you can say that’s going to make me feel bad about it. It’s not all his fault but he sure played a big part. The win does absolutely nothing for us in the standings but I think we really needed it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

the team did the same to him....turns out he was correct in wanting the surgery the Sabres didn't as he's recovered and playing

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, Jack - there's a reason you don't know what a good crowd sounds like in Buffalo. You captained the worst and most underperforming teams in Sabres history. The fans never saw their team register an inspired performance in your time here. Your whole tenure was a buzz-kill for the city, and the arena was like a morgue. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.