GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - Monday, March 7, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

If these guys ever learn to hit the net they may be dangerous, how m,any times a game do you here the announcer saying.... hit the post, went wide of the net?  I never expected them to win but they really left Anderson out to dry. I wonder why they didn't use the trap against Florida like LA did to us.

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

If these guys ever learn to hit the net they may be dangerous, how m,any times a game do you here the announcer saying.... hit the post, went wide of the net?  I never expected them to win but they really left Anderson out to dry. I wonder why they didn't use the trap against Florida like LA did to us.

The trap is not a system DG uses.  

We lost because they are much better.  We lost by a lot because we were gassed and they were fresh.  We played last night and it showed. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

The trap is not a system DG uses.  

We lost because they are much better.  We lost by a lot because we were gassed and they were fresh.  We played last night and it showed. 

I understand that Florida is a much better hockey team, like I stated above I figured we would lose, Being gassed is an excuse imo. We weren't even competitive in this one.

Not going to use officiating as an excuse when the opponent is Florida because clearly they are loaded and we mostly look like we are loaded i.e. drunk but that was some terrible officiating tonight. Couple examples were the call on Hayden when him and the other dude simply collided but the other one that stands out was in the 3rd when the florida player reached from behind and grabbed the Buffalo player by the chin and pulled his head back with the official only feet away and watching the play. Terrible lack of a call.

Also not sure that was development that I witnessed tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I understand that Florida is a much better hockey team, like I stated above I figured we would lose, Being gassed is an excuse imo. We weren't even competitive in this one.

We were through the first period, and even outshot them.

12 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

3 games in 4 days also

Against an opponent that's faster, better, stronger. 

Learning experience for the young players.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

We were through the first period, and even outshot them.

The legs feed the wolf gentlemen.

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Not going to use officiating as an excuse when the opponent is Florida because clearly they are loaded and we mostly look like we are loaded i.e. drunk but that was some terrible officiating tonight. Couple examples were the call on Hayden when him and the other dude simply collided but the other one that stands out was in the 3rd when the florida player reached from behind and grabbed the Buffalo player by the chin and pulled his head back with the official only feet away and watching the play. Terrible lack of a call.

Also not sure that was development that I witnessed tonight.

I feel that a team that has been awful for a decade just doesn't get any respect or sympathy from NHL refs and it often feels like the refs are "piling on"....

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

So WGR last week raised the question of whether there should be tributes to Sam and Jack during these next two games.  I'm going with "no."  The Bills didn't have a tribute for Marshawn Lynch (and may not have had the chance to), right?  The Sabres drafted these guys, and I've got nothing against them, but they weren't here long enough and weren't impactful enough to warrant special treatment.

• Haha (+1) 2

Bowling Night..  Missed this stinker… Followed the stats on Sabres App… Looked like a decent 1st Period… Then all downhill from there… Too bad…

Are you f’n kidding me? What crap, but it will continue until they do a gut check and find out if they have any. I guess the excuse is we played a tough team on Sunday what did you expect on Monday. Wait till Eichel gets a hat trick on Thursday.  I’m done. See you next season, maybe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.