Practice Notes and Team Injury Report 3/1/22

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Practice Notes and Team Injury Report 3/1/22
2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Boy, it sure would be nice to see the 5th line instead of the 4th.

Don't see it happening after the Eakin line had their best game in a month in Dallas.

(Because the other 12 games apparently didn't count.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The fewer JAGs in the lineup the better the team is. This will boost production and confidence.

All the JAGs are there though ... 5 lines today.

The Sabres have a full compliment of JAGs on the ice today replacing all the JAGs on injury time outs.

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Can we talk about the fact that the Quinn - Jankowski - Hinostroza line is better at every single position compared to the Bjork, Eaking, Hayden line? 

Quinn, way better than Bjork, it isn't even close. 

Jankowski with a broken leg and fighting a bear, still better than Eakin

Hinostroza, this might be mildly close like mild v medium but I am still taking that medium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Can we talk about the fact that the Quinn - Jankowski - Hinostroza line is better at every single position compared to the Bjork, Eaking, Hayden line? 

Quinn, way better than Bjork, it isn't even close. 

Jankowski with a broken leg and fighting a bear, still better than Eakin

Hinostroza, this might be mildly close like mild v medium but I am still taking that medium. 

Mentioned in the other thread was the fact that Eakin had a good game vs Dallas. I don’t care, they lost and talent should trump all. Eakin can win a few more faceoffs but Jankowski is better in my opinion.

The only thing Bjork does better than Quinn is play left handed.

Hayden is more physical than Vinnie but has less speed and creates nothing.

23 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Mentioned in the other thread was the fact that Eakin had a good game vs Dallas. I don’t care, they lost and talent should trump all. Eakin can win a few more faceoffs but Jankowski is better in my opinion.

The only thing Bjork does better than Quinn is play left handed.

Hayden is more physical than Vinnie but has less speed and creates nothing.

Eakin had a good game?

43 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Something about Mitts playing wing just feels wrong to me.  I know the injury has affected his performance but he's still 100% center in my head.  And honestly I thought he looked okay against Dallas, just off a bit in his timing.

Were he not recovering from injury would agree.  But he doesn't seem to trust his surgical repairs yet & bumping over to wing should ease his workload while getting back into the swing of things.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him take the faceoffs though.  Except for that one at the end of the Blues game vs ROR, he hasn't lost many since coming back.

Also, it gives them an opportunity to see how ready for C at this level Krebs is.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Do you see Asplund behind Eakin Bjork and Hayden?

Asplund being bumped down to Bjork/Eakin replacement is effectively the same as losing his spot.  He’s been pushed out of the top 9.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

39 minutes ago, Weave said:

Asplund being bumped down to Bjork/Eakin replacement is effectively the same as losing his spot.  He’s been pushed out of the top 9.

I think Asplund could bump any of those 3 out of a spot on that line, or could get healthy-scratched.  I'd guess it will depend on how each of them is playing at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can't believe he's behind them.  But, if there are nibbles on any of them can see them staying in the lineup ahead of him.

Also, can see Quinn going back down for "conditioning" to stretch from hitting his 10th game.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.