Isak Rosen News, Allsvenskan Eligible

LGR4GM

On 2/9/2022 at 9:28 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Are not Tage and his brother totally different sizes? 

And while we're at it:  I'm 6'-2".  My dad was 5'-6" and my brothers are 5'-8" & 5'-9". 

(However, my mom is 5'-7", her dad and 4 of her 5 brothers were 6'+)

On 2/9/2022 at 9:31 PM, Two or less said:

I know we have a entire thread on the Scott Wheeler piece of Sabres prospects, but here's what he wrote about Rosen:

Source- the athletic

Sounds complementary to Krebs:  A pass-first guy with some finish, and a shoot-first guy with some playmaking.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:00 AM, LGR4GM said:

What's strange is we think of Rosen as small and are talking about his height, he's the same height as Peterka 

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

And while we're at it:  I'm 6'-2".  My dad was 5'-6" and my brothers are 5'-8" & 5'-9". 

(However, my mom is 5'-7", her dad and 4 of her 5 brothers were 6'+)

6’2” is a good height!! I’m the tallest in my family at the height. Mom was so ridiculously proud of that. ❤️ 

On 2/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Are not Tage and his brother totally different sizes? 

Kind of, Tyce is 6’1”, Tage 6’7”, Dad is 6’2”, so they are kind of tall.  Don’t know if other people in the family are taller.  But not everyone can be 6’7”, that’s almost always going to be a real outlier.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What is Adams talking about here with patience? He should be burying him as a bust after a half season of development.😛

Don't confuse the concept of a bust with the concept of a bad pick. Rosen was and has been the latter from the get-go. With the U18's being the notable exception, he's tracking pretty much where you'd expect based on his numbers leading into the draft.

Some smart guy down in Texas thought they saw something in him that made him 13th overall material. But I think @sabremike was dead on when he said: 

"How many times is it going to take to teach NHL GM's that drafting guys based on a junior tournament performance is almost always a real bad idea?"

Aa per my usual disclaimer, I badly want to be proven wrong on this and will gladly wear all the egg on my face you guys can toss... In the meantime, I'll reserve the right to be disappointed in the pick.

• 1 month later...

So it's been about 4 weeks since his 4-week injury -- has anyone heard anything about Rosie?

With all of the Sabres' highly touted prospects, I tend to forget that Rosen was the 13th pick in the 2021 draft (technically 14th but AZ, maintaining their hammerlock on "most Mickey Mouse NHL franchise," forfeited their #11 slot, so he was the 13th player chosen).

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So it's been about 4 weeks since his 4-week injury -- has anyone heard anything about Rosie?

With all of the Sabres' highly touted prospects, I tend to forget that Rosen was the 13th pick in the 2021 draft (technically 14th but AZ, maintaining their hammerlock on "most Mickey Mouse NHL franchise," forfeited their #11 slot, so he was the 13th player chosen).

Pretty sure the Allsvenskan season is over

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Pretty sure the Allsvenskan season is over

Actually Mora IK is in the playoffs right now. Tied 1-1 in a series against Tingsryd. Game 3 is tonight. No idea if it's a best-of 3, 5 or 7.

Apparently you can watch live for free on YouTube.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually Mora IK is in the playoffs right now. Tied 1-1 in a series against Tingsryd. Game 3 is tonight. No idea if it's a best-of 3, 5 or 7.

Apparently you can watch live for free on YouTube.

Sorry, you are right the playoffs started. I should have said regular season. 

Missing my point on Rosen.....I'm sure he would have similar if not better numbers in the CHL, where my worries are is that with his size he will be challenged at the NEXT LEVEL to continue to do the things he does. There are some big boys playing in the AHL and the majority of them can skate and/or are very strong positionally. I'm all in on Rosen....I just think he will have a harder time adjusting to the North America game than the CHL players who are already playing that style.

• LGR4GM locked this topic