GDT - Sabres @ Coyotes - January 29, 2022 - 9:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B, WGR and BSAZ

woods-racer

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  Next year they should consider Anderson a vet coach and a #3.  That’s it.  He is not reliable to play that much at his age.  

They need a decent NHL vet to share the pipes with UPL.

That is what I am saying. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  Next year they should consider Anderson a vet coach and a #3.  That’s it.  He is not reliable to play that much at his age.  

They need a decent NHL vet to share the pipes with UPL.

Gump Worsley, Johnny Bower and Jacques Plante were all 44 or 45 so he MIGHT play more for us, but I hear you, he's not the answer and it would be another lost year imo if he's our goalie next year. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Just to be clear for those not watching: this line never happened in the game.

Is it just me, or does Tuch look even better with Krebs or Cozens than Skinner/Tage?

Krebs and Tuch have chemistry.  Skinner and Tuch seem to have some chemistry too.  And Tage and Skinner have some chemistry.  The brew is mixing but it's not in its final form yet.  I do like seeing the players in different combinations and unexpectedly succeeding.... like Mitts to Krebs.  Is there chemistry there?  Keep mixing the pot, Donny Meatballs.  And keep feeding him good ingredients, Kevyn Adams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Gump Worsley, Johnny Bower and Jacques Plante were all 44 or 45 so he MIGHT play more for us, but I hear you, he's not the answer and it would be another lost year imo if he's our goalie next year. 

Johnny Bower … I made him when I talked him into playing for the Leafs. 

The Gumper, that son of a bitch still owes me money … 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Krebs with his best game as a Sabre. He looked tonight in the NHL, like he has looked in Rochester.

Craig Anderson is so much better than the pap we’ve been watching in goal for most of the year.

Coyotes, not good.

Avalanche, very good. Let's see what happens in Denver. I am expecting this board to light up (due to a serious beatdown courtesy Colorado) Nice to see the Sabres can beat the bottom feeders of the league but Colorado will provide a truer measure of progress? Also Montreal coming up and hopefully no steps backward when playing them (they too, are absolutely horrible this season) Hopefully this team surprises me with a good effort in Colorado. 

• Like (+1) 1

• nfreeman pinned and unpinned this topic

I watched the first two periods. Anderson was terrific. He got right into it with no apparent rust from the long layoff. What is evident is that in a short period of time the GM is reshaping the roster with his acquisitions that included drafting Quinn, Peterka and acquiring Krebs and Tuch in the Jack trade. From the two periods that I watched not only was I impressed with the play of Krebs but also the potential in the near future. He has exceptional vision and his passing is top shelf. 

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Krebs with his best game as a Sabre. He looked tonight in the NHL, like he has looked in Rochester.

Craig Anderson is so much better than the pap we’ve been watching in goal for most of the year.

Coyotes, not good.

The "what if" game is a game of futility played by losers. But "what if" the Sabres had Anderson caliber netminding all season? How many more points would this team have earned? My conservative guess is in the range of 6-8 more points. It wouldn't be a great difference but it would provide a better outlook on this team and season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The "what if" game is a game of futility played by losers. But "what if" the Sabres had Anderson caliber netminding all season? How many more points would this team have earned? My conservative guess is in the range of 6-8 more points. It wouldn't be a great difference but it would provide a better outlook on this team and season.  

The have 6-8 points lost just on blowing last minute leads and not getting to OT.   Boston, Rangers, Detroit - there is 6 points lost in final seconds of regulation.   I am sure there are more.  

2 hours ago, eman said:

Avalanche, very good. Let's see what happens in Denver. I am expecting this board to light up (due to a serious beatdown courtesy Colorado) Nice to see the Sabres can beat the bottom feeders of the league but Colorado will provide a truer measure of progress? Also Montreal coming up and hopefully no steps backward when playing them (they too, are absolutely horrible this season) Hopefully this team surprises me with a good effort in Colorado. 

Yes, Anderson will most likely not play.  Colorado is a whole different level than Zona. 

• Like (+1) 1

There was one point in the second period where the first unit PP had offensive Zone time for almost the entire two minutes.  The unit was comprised of Skinner, Krebs, Tuch, Joki and KO, with Kyle as the only first unit guy from the beginning of the year.  And they dominated.  Yeah it was the Coyotes, but it was without Tage, Rasmus, Casey, or Tage.  This gives me encouragement.  

The Zona broadcast team were obviously aware of Tuchs immediate contribution with respect to the trade, but we’re seemingly surprised about Krebs play.  Perhaps they had seen him once before in LV or perhaps first time (unclear) but they were both extremely complimentary of Krebs game.  Subtle allusions to the fact the national narrative of the Sabres losing the trade should not be written in stone. 

53 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The longer Krebs has been in the nhl the slower the game has gotten for him. Maybe Quinn can teach him some shooting skills and really make him a nightmare. I don't think I realized how good Krebs skating is. 

Krebs is a fulltime NHLer now.  When players come back from Covid they'll waive Hayden or something.

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, Anderson will most likely not play.  Colorado is a whole different level than Zona. 

Who will play then?  I'm not sure Toker is ready to start.  Sitting on the bench as a backup is one thing; starting is something else altogether.  In fact, if Tokarski gets the start I would not be surprised if he lets in enough goals that they bring in to Anderson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.