GDT- Sabres at Bruins, 1/1/2022, 1:00 pm ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

This is an OTL that feels like an L. The point is immaterial.  

Blowing a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. Not generating shots against a bad and highly beatable goalie. 

The defense is looking really bad.  Only Dahlin and Joker are playing well. Psysk looks bad playing with #6. He had another poor game.  Butcher sucks. Casey needs to be playing with Psysk when we get someone back. 

Losing to Boston adds to my pain. We had them, but not enough real NHL defenseman in the lineup to finish. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is there anal sex in it?

The unearned smugness from mediocre contrarians is so quick to melt into bitter rage when blunt-yet-neutral descriptors force them to actually think about ideologies/impulses they service 

They can't let that feeling go, it always exists on the surface of their mind, which is why to them it feels like July was just yesterday

Edited by Randall Flagg

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I, too, am smarter and funnier than the yokels on this board.

You should watch "Don't Look Up." It's thrilling, and sobering. 

I thought you said it was unwatchable? I've heard many mixed things on that one

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I thought you said it was unwatchable? I've heard many mixed things on that one

It is unwatchable. I'm joking that PA would love it, because people who look down on dumb proles know that they can save them from themselves, if only they would listen.

He was making fun of Sabres fans who are unsophisticated enough to feel anger when watching the Bruins or Marchand 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

It is unwatchable. I'm joking that PA would love it, because people who look down on dumb proles know that they can save them from themselves, if only they would listen.

Leo is one of my top actors but he's left something to be desired for me, of late, with his choice of roles 

Don't know the xGF numbers but I thought the game looked relatively even, Boston probably deserved the win but I don't think by all that much.

Krebs looked great. I had no idea how good a passer he was. Olofsson and Jokiharju looked awful. Why are they no longer setting up Olofsson in his one timer spot on the powerplay? Is he hurt?

1 minute ago, NAF said:

Don't know the xGF numbers but I thought the game looked relatively even, Boston probably deserved the win but I don't think by all that much.

Krebs looked great. I had no idea how good a passer he was. Olofsson and Jokiharju looked awful. Why are they no longer setting up Olofsson in his one timer spot on the powerplay? Is he hurt?

Boston xGF 2.56

Buffalo xGF .89

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

@LGR4GMThe Sabres have one game in the next nine days compared to 4 for the Amerks in the same timeframe, the Amerks play in Hartford tomorrow which is a hour and half drive from Boston. I would send Krebs down for more game experience and then re-evaluate his situation

I would keep him in Buffalo and let him practice with the Sabres.

Initially the season appeared it may have been trending towards an outcome more like Bylsma's first or second year (81, 76 points) but now perhaps the trendline looks more similar to Botterill first, "this will allow us to tear it down to the studs" year where we finished with 62 points before drafting Dahlin. Currently we are pacing for 65. 

Thankfully, it's not close to the covid, division, talent induced outcome of last season (54 points over 82). A more appropriate goal/bar now may be to remain above both that number and the 62 point pace of Botterill's first year. 

Edited by Thorny

Well that was disappointing... despite being outplayed and outphysicaled Sabres blow a 3-1 lead... D was out muscled badly... Krebs looks decent but too many times forwards didnt finish checks... Butcher needs to go Proh meh jag... Miller at least gives physical presence... Samuelson and hopefully brain lapse no 1 michigan pick can bring some size next year but oof hard game to watch

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Initially the season appeared it may have been trending towards an outcome more like Bylsma's first or second year (81, 76 points) but now perhaps the trendline looks more similar to Botterill first, "this will allow us to tear it down to the studs" year where we finished with 62 points before drafting Dahlin. Currently we are pacing for 65. 

Thankfully, it's not close to the covid, division, talent induced outcome of last season (54 points over 82). A more appropriate goal/bar now may be to remain above both that number and the 62 point pace of Botterill's first year. 

So after two years, Adams is on pace to match the 1st year results of the Sabres last failed GM?

Climbing the ladder of success!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.