Casey Fitzgerald Returned to the Amerks

Brawndo

48 minutes ago, Hank said:

I hope he never needs to fight again. I love fights, but don't want Tage in them. 

I understand why you are saying this but the NHL has shown a clear inability to discipline anyone with an objective process.  They still use antiquated thinking. So if we want the Sabres to handle it on their own, which the league is practically begging teams to do, guys that are 6’7” 230 lbs, are going to need to take care of business every 10-12 games.  

I was shocked the other night when I was perusing hockeyfights.com on how many fights still take place on a nightly basis in the NHL.  It was practically every game.  Are the Sabres an anomaly with almost no fights ever?  What a sad state of affairs. All this fanbase wants is a tough exciting team that doesn’t play like wimps and…well… it doesn’t look good.  

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

I understand why you are saying this but the NHL has shown a clear inability to discipline anyone with an objective process.  They still use antiquated thinking. So if we want the Sabres to handle it on their own, which the league is practically begging teams to do, guys that are 6’7” 230 lbs, are going to need to take care of business every 10-12 games.  

I was shocked the other night when I was perusing hockeyfights.com on how many fights still take place on a nightly basis in the NHL.  It was practically every game.  Are the Sabres an anomaly with almost no fights ever?  What a sad state of affairs. All this fanbase wants is a tough exciting team that doesn’t play like wimps and…well… it doesn’t look good.  

When looking at 5 minute majors for fighting, Sabres appear to be about average (4 way tie for 13th place) with 7 on the season. Most is the Preds with 16, while the caps, hurricanes, and stars have the least with 2 each.

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

When looking at 5 minute majors for fighting, Sabres appear to be about average (4 way tie for 13th place) with 7 on the season. Most is the Preds with 16, while the caps, hurricanes, and stars have the least with 2 each.

Interesting.  Probably not may takers against those teams with low fights.  

I am fine with the Sabres not having players that start fights, but I do want the ones that will finish them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, sabresparaavida said:

Joker 6’0 199 lbs

Dahlin 6’3” 207 lbs

Power 6’6 214 lbs

Which of these are undersized?

I had no idea power was that big, he's still going to have to grow into his body since he's joining the league as a kid and will be easily muscled off the puck. Joker and Dahlin certainly don't play a "big game" to my eye. The point I was tryign to convey is that I don't see a spot for Bryson on the team next year. Joker, Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, and then two offeseaon acquisitions from FA or trades whom I hope will be upgrades over Byrson. Maybe he and Fitzgerald duke it out for the 7th spot.

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Tage’s fight was rather forgettable.  Glad he stepped up.  Hope he gets some fighting lessons this off-season.  

With no skates on and in the parking lot, Tage Thompson is the last guy on this team you would want to fight.  He is a workout beast, he is very strong and determined guy, and of course he has great reach. But the reality is he does not fight and he does not have know any hockey fighting technique.  Had he connected cleanly he could have done some damage.  That other guy knew to stay close.  

The good thing is we are starting to see people step in.  As this team starts to rise up in the standings they can expect more challenges because no one wants to lose to Buffalo , their old reputation of being soft will need to be dissolved. 

So far this year we have seen more players stepping up than in the past.  DG seems to like that kind of a response too.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

The Preds are an interesting team. They have a few players who don't have NHL talent but are on the team because of the physical element they bring. "Grit" is what defines that team. The whole is greater than the sum thier parts. They have no business winning as much as they do. For me they are an easy team to like, I'm glad I have them here in Nashville. 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Depending on the new COVID rules they may not be able to send them down.

I find this asinine. Panthers were shutdown so they let Knight go down to Charlotte. Talk about stupid. Shouldn’t all the players be isolating if there are enough cases to shut a team down. Not walking into another dressing room full of players.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I find this asinine. Panthers were shutdown so they let Knight go down to Charlotte. Talk about stupid. Shouldn’t all the players be isolating if there are enough cases to shut a team down. Not walking into another dressing room full of players.

Which is why I said the new rules that came out today may in fact prevent us from sending them down.

However as @Brawndo just posted, the new rules apparently allow guys to be sent down

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Beyond moronic 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

fans GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hank said:

Maybe it's a paper transaction to save the team a few bucks?

If so, it's asinine.  They're barely at the cap floor as it is.  I think they want to get him a few games while we're shut down.  I hope, though, that he'll be recalled when the Sabres start up again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

The Sabres aren’t playing in the next week, why not send him back down for some more playing time.

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

If so, it's asinine.  They're barely at the cap floor as it is.  I think they want to get him a few games while we're shut down.  I hope, though, that he'll be recalled when the Sabres start up again.

I guess. Dude has played over 100 professional games along with 150 collegiate games.  

Amerks can certainly use him.

He’s apparently CoVID free, leaving an environment that is apparently CoVId-free to go to another that is COVId free. He’s been travelling with the Amerks all season. He can be recalled when the Sabres start again.

What am I missing here?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.