Casey Fitzgerald Returned to the Amerks

Brawndo

59 minutes ago, calti said:

thats what we call a technicality..--but maybe the 5 11 190 guy will be the toughest of the 4

Not exactly a technicality. He said we don’t need any more undersized, puck-moving defensemen, and then listed the 3 of those that we already have… except not one of those 3 are undersized.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ve yet to see any body checks from Owen Power.  Mattias hits plenty. Not sure Kjell did as much. 

I’m not sure they kept the Hits star during his career. He did have over 1200 PM over his career. I remember him using his 6’6 frame to knock people around. 

11 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Not exactly a technicality. He said we don’t need any more undersized, puck-moving defensemen, and then listed the 3 of those that we already have… except not one of those 3 are undersized.

Yup. It's a complete fallacy our defense is undersized. 

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not sure they kept the Hits star during his career. He did have over 1200 PM over his career. I remember him using his 6’6 frame to knock people around. 

Hits show one thing, you don't have the puck. 

23 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

i said that w satire mixed in..i shoulda used some emoji combo

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wow it's impressive you know this considering Samuelsson and Power aren't in the NHL. 

Define grit too while we're here. 

Sorry, I'm talking what's in today's line up. I won't project their play in the NHL based on their height and weight.

See Casey. Not the biggest but has the most grit on this team. He'll fight someone that cheap shots Dahlin. Something Dahlin won't do for his big ole self.

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Risto had grit, he was useless in the defensive end quite often. 

He was also a bottom six in a top 2 role. He could hit and get a little testy, but he couldn't clear the front of the net and was not one to fight for his teammates. So he had some grit, but not enough to account for the rest of his major short comings. Risto's temperament and Dahlin's skill would be generational. I think Philly way over paid for him.

To me grit is as much a necessity as skill in the NHL. We may have a lot of skill and some size but we are still severely lacking in grit.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Sorry, I'm talking what's in today's line up. I won't project their play in the NHL based on their height and weight.

See Casey. Not the biggest but has the most grit on this team. He'll fight someone that cheap shots Dahlin. Something Dahlin won't do for his big ole self.

He was also a bottom six in a top 2 role. He could hit and get a little testy, but he couldn't clear the front of the net and was not one to fight for his teammates. So he had some grit, but not enough to account for the rest of his major short comings. Risto's temperament and Dahlin's skill would be generational. I think Philly way over paid for him.

To me grit is as much a necessity as skill in the NHL. We may have a lot of skill and some size but we are still severely lacking in grit.

So you won’t project two prospects play in the NHL, but you’ll make a statement such as grittiest player on the team after he’s played 1 game?

27 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

So you won’t project two prospects play in the NHL, but you’ll make a statement such as grittiest player on the team after he’s played 1 game?

That saddest thing about this team and how gritty it was/is before  Casey arrived was it took  KO (and only KO)  to drop the gloves to stand up for a teammate. KO!!!! The man with the most to lose (his life) needed to be that guy on this team.

That's how little grit this team has. All it took was one guy one game to show more grit. Yes, truly pathetic.

Edited by woods-racer

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

That saddest thing about this team and how gritty it was/is before  Casey arrived was it took  KO (and only KO)  to drop the gloves to stand up for a teammate. KO!!!! The man with the most to lose (his life) needed to be that guy on this team.

That's how little grit this team has. All it took was one guy one game to show more grit. Yes, truly pathetic.

You’re forgetting TT fighting before Fitzgerald earlier in the game 

42 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Idk if I agree but that's fair

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

What people are clamoring for is more physical play from our D.  

I wish they would say that. 

16 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Fighting is not the only way to be gritty. Honestly I wouldn't call fighting grit

22 hours ago, Taro T said:

Believe it's possible.  They need to have at least 1 D-man that will stand up for his teammates & Fitzgerald fits that bill.  If he's in the lineup, to get Bryson in the lineup, they are going extremely young bumping the vet out of the lineup &/or having somebody on their off-hand playing w/ the rookie.

What's you're expectation?

I guess I don't have any. I just love watching him play. I kind of assumed he was going to be a big part of the future, but what do I know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.