Tage Thompson's Upside? What Do You Think?

bob_sauve28

How Good Is Tage Thompson Going To Be?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is Tage Thompson Going To Be?

• Super Good!
    • Well Above Average
    • Just Average, Nothing Super Special but still decent
    • Not So Good
    • Bad! Just Bad.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I mean this is something you could say.

ROR was on the team for 2015/16, 2016/17, and 2017/18 seasons. 

2016: 81pts

2017: 78pts

2018: 62pts last year of ROR

2019: 76pts 

2020: 68pts

I mean... if that says "considerably better the year he left" then I guess so. We just have to ignore the other years and context but sure we can say that. Odd though that 2 of 3 years were better than the best year since ROR left. It is just crazy to waltz around here saying the Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup, Norris Winning ROR doesn't make a difference to a team. That's bonkers and I don't even like ROR. 

I don't have a narrative. And now I will only respond to you in Gif form just like @PerreaultForever

Your last line, that is real mature. lol

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Got it, hockey is not a team sport. 

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Again, I love how when people dont' agree with something they start acting like angry teenagers and responding with animated gifs.

I never ever said anything about hockey being a team sport or not, did I?  What you are missing is the fact I said that ROR is very Good, but NOT good enough to have a significant impact on making the team even close to a playoff team.

I am guessing you are all throwing gifs back at me because you have nothing, NOTHING at all to respond to the above line?  I'll await your animated gifs as confirmation of that.

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

NOT good enough to have a significant impact on making the team even close to a playoff team.

Since the team didn’t make the playoffs in 2017 (for instance) when ROR was on the team, couldn’t you say this about Antipin, Bailey, Baptiste, Beaulieu, Bogosian, Criscuolo, Eichel, Falk, Fashing, Fedun, Girgensons, Gorges, Griffith, Guhle, Johnson, Josefson, Kane, Larsson, Lehner, McCabe, Moulson, Nelson, Nolan, Nylander, Okposo, Pominville, Redmond, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Rodriguez, Scandella, Tennyson, Ullmark, Wilson etc …. ?

And let’s not leave out the entire coaching staff and sabretooth. 

6 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Not at all, not when the team didn't even sniff the playoffs his 3 years here, when he was in the statistical prime of his career, and when the team got considerably better the year he left. Not saying he was bad, but no, he for sure did not make a difference on his Sabres teams in terms of getting him to the playoffs. Sorry for all those ROR fans that it doesn't fit your narrative, but its true.  He simply was not a difference maker on the Sabres teams he was on. A cute little gif doesn't make your point for you, sorry.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Again, I love how when people dont' agree with something they start acting like angry teenagers and responding with animated gifs.

I never ever said anything about hockey being a team sport or not, did I?  What you are missing is the fact I said that ROR is very Good, but NOT good enough to have a significant impact on making the team even close to a playoff team.

I am guessing you are all throwing gifs back at me because you have nothing, NOTHING at all to respond to the above line?  I'll await your animated gifs as confirmation of that.

Speaking of maturity, this is how we started. 

Also when you rebut any of what ROR did the SECOND he left this team, we will have something to discuss. But again, a Selke, Conn Smythe, Cup winner "didn't make an impact" in regards to making a team a playoff team is a hell of a hill do die on. You want to talk about how he had the wrong attitude here or the supporting cast or coaching sucked, I am all for it. But to claim that ROR didn't impact the team and then to get so bent out of shape over a gif is just strange. 

Also I like the tactic you are using here. Accuse me of being immature, attack me personally, and then act as though you are a victim. It's a great playbook someone else recently used it around here too. Saying  ROR did not make "a significant impact on making the team even close to a playoff team" is just a hard statement to really uphold and all my initial comment was on was that we can't really say that. There isn't anything to argue you about, we can't say that but probably other factors were the reasons ROR's contribution were not enough to get this team to the playoffs. 

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

My retort for Mr J Fresh would be that if you watch Thompson play, the ways that he is shooting are materially different from years past. Does everyone else see this as well?

Maybe he won’t be able to continue shooting this high above expected, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is able to maintain goal production above xG going forward.  He has got a great shot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

My retort for Mr J Fresh would be that if you watch Thompson play, the ways that he is shooting are materially different from years past. Does everyone else see this as well?

Maybe he won’t be able to continue shooting this high above expected, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is able to maintain goal production above xG going forward.  He has got a great shot.

Tage is still growing as a player. It is fun to watch. That line continues to roll along and Tage’s confidence grows with each outing.

In September who had “The Sabres will trade Eichel but Tage Thompson will step into the number 1 centre role and excel”?

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

30 goals as 1C

He's getting close...

50 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Tage is still growing as a player. It is fun to watch. That line continues to roll along and Tage’s confidence grows with each outing.

In September who had “The Sabres will trade Eichel but Tage Thompson will step into the number 1 centre role and excel”?

I called it in early October (see above).

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I want to put out a public request: Please continue with the GIFs! Some of them are pee inducingly funny. So please continue on with the gifs that are sometimes  piercingly funny responses. Oldsters like to laugh and giggle. 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95224774c8985380ff1d2

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:38 AM, JohnC said:

I want to put out a public request: Please continue with the GIFs! Some of them are pee inducingly funny. So please continue on with the gifs that are sometimes  piercingly funny responses. Oldsters like to laugh and giggle. 🤣

Just how big is that prostate, old man?

You might want to see a urologist.  Just sayin'.

😄

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Just how big is that prostate, old man?

You might want to see a urologist.  Just sayin'.

😄

I rather deal with the multiple dribbles and drabbles than see a urologist. It's a deliberate avoidance of the harsh and often irritating reality of getting older. Better than the other option, just saying!!!!

On 3/3/2022 at 7:38 AM, JohnC said:

I started out with meme pics but I'm getting more comfortable with the the animated ones.  Hopefully by next season I'll have a collection of animated gifs for the whole team.

But since the Tage thread came up again... this came in today:

image.thumb.png.c173872315793f828a42ddb20e7e7131.png

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I started out with meme pics but I'm getting more comfortable with the the animated ones.  Hopefully by next season I'll have a collection of animated gifs for the whole team.

But since the Tage thread came up again... this came in today:

image.thumb.png.c173872315793f828a42ddb20e7e7131.png

Were you the model for Captain America? 

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/captain+america

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

That aint no super hero.

That's Doohickie.  World renowned Canes fan troller.  Right on their fan site.  This was a big deal back in the day.

The brave go where most people fear to go. Inhabiting the space of the opposition in order to unmercifully taunt them can be fraught with danger. Evidently, he fears not! The question is: Is he brave or foolish? I will leave that up to others who know him well. 🧨

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.