Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

Shout out to Leah Hextall...ESPN+ first full time female play by play announcer in hockey. 

She calls a good game

To be honest I don’t like her pbp. Her high voice gets grating rather quickly and when goals aren’t happening she has a tendency to get more quiet until the crowd noise starts overtaking her.

Weeksey is a good color commentator but I don’t think any woman works well in a play by play role. It’s all in the voice.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

To be honest I don’t like her pbp. Her high voice gets grating rather quickly and when goals aren’t happening she has a tendency to get more quiet until the crowd noise starts overtaking her.

Weeksey is a good color commentator but I don’t think any woman works well in a play by play role. It’s all in the voice.

I thought she had good energy. I've only heard her call one game. 

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Her high voice was natural.   FAR better than Beth Moins (sp?) attempt to do pbp w/ Marv Alberts' deep voice which she does not have.

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Has to be as good as Dunleavey.

Sacrilege, I know, but there was a moment in the Penguins game when a random thought crossed my mind of 'hey, Dunleavy sounds pretty good when the game actually has something on the line.'

It will be interesting to see if a playoff team could elevate what the fan base thinks of him.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sacrilege, I know, but there was a moment in the Penguins game when a random thought crossed my mind of 'hey, Dunleavy sounds pretty good when the game actually has something on the line.'

It will be interesting to see if a playoff team could elevate what the fan base thinks of him.

Definitely. 

And I dislike the navy blues because the Sabres did shite all in them. 

Goatheads to me look like victory 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think it unlikely Seattle isn't keeping Borgen .

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/will-borgen-agrees-to-terms-with-kraken/c-325918414

Not sure how his signing a contract in the off-season significantly affects his trajectory forward on a team that he's been a healthy scratch the entire season to date.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not sure how his signing a contract in the off-season significantly affects his trajectory forward on a team that he's been a healthy scratch the entire season to date.

Oh sorry, the talk is since they suck they are going to move Giordano at or before the deadline and then Borgen is being retained to take that spot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

So Dallas is a dumpster fire. 

The background is that Riley Tufte is from Minnesota and had played the previous 2 games for Dallas. Dallas was playing in Minnesota and for both days of practice before the Game Tufte was in the lineup. Tufte bought tickets for all the family and friends who were excited to come watch him play. Then during warmups, they told Tufte he was scratched. The coach offered no logical reason for the decision and Dallas lost 7-2. 

• Sad 1

All add that Tufte spent all the money he got from being called up to the NHL from the AHL on tickets and even borrowed some money from Bjustad to get everyone in to see him. There are dick moves and then there is this. 

If I was in that locker room I would have no respect for the coaching staff going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

All add that Tufte spent all the money he got from being called up to the NHL from the AHL on tickets and even borrowed some money from Bjustad to get everyone in to see him. There are dick moves and then there is this. 

If I was in that locker room I would have no respect for the coaching staff going forward. 

Wonder what the real backstory on this is?  On the surface it is an entirely #### move, but have to believe something happened that caused Bowness to go out of his way to shaft the kid.

Whether that trigger was enough to warrant the decision, don't know.  But it would be interesting to learn what it was.

Edited by Taro T

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Doubt Bjugstad will ask for his money back after that BS pulled by the coach.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wonder what the real backstory on this is?  On the surface it is an entirely #### move, but have to believe something happened that caused Bowness to go out of his way to shaft the kid.

Whether that trigger was enough to warrant the decision, don't know.  But it would be interesting to learn what it was.

Dallas fans say he's losing the room and sucks.