Blue and Gold Scrimmage 6pm Sept 26, 2021

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Whenever RJ get's excited/starts raising his voice about a play, he always stops whatever tangent/conversation is happening and describes EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING, IMMEDIATELY.

Whenever Dunleavy sees something exciting, he just STARTS SHOUTING, CONTINUING WHATEVER RANDOM TANGENT IS ON HIS MIND, SO WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S EXCITED ABOUT/WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

Some are just not cut out for this job.

Hey, but at least we get the excellent and insightful commentary from Rob Ray 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Watched the first 5-6 minutes, got bored, and shut it off. 

I can't believe no one commented on the sound quality. That was the biggest detriment to the overall watchability. 

I watched most of it, but I found I couldn't focus on both teams. I had to pick one at a time, usually depending who was on the ice. 

It's just one game but I expected more from Dahlin, Cozens, and Peterka (not that they were bad, I just expected a lot). I didn't expect much from Miller and he delivered even less than expected.

All the goalies held their own. Murray's going to play his way into the lineup. Skinner had some flashes and looks like he could be ready to get back to being a dangerous top 6. Eakin looked better than last year for whatever that's worth.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It didn't get better.

But, the good news is Dell looked really good.  The bad news is most of the shots he faced were from Thompson.

That’s about what I would’ve expected. It looked like a collection of players that haven’t played together before, and haven’t played in awhile. 

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I can't believe no one commented on the sound quality. That was the biggest detriment to the overall watchability. 

I watched most of it, but I found I couldn't focus on both teams. I had to pick one at a time, usually depending who was on the ice. 

It's just one game but I expected more from Dahlin, Cozens, and Peterka (not that they were bad, I just expected a lot). I didn't expect much from Miller and he delivered even less than expected.

All the goalies held their own. Murray's going to play his way into the lineup. Skinner had some flashes and looks like he could be ready to get back to being a dangerous top 6. Eakin looked better than last year for whatever that's worth.

The sound quality was pretty bad. 

I would like to see Murray make the team. He’s been a pretty good player for the Amerks whenever I’ve seen him, and I’m pulling for him to become a solid bottom liner in the NHL. 

I’m also hoping for a solid bounce back year from Skinner now that he has a coach that appears like he will put Skinner back where he belongs.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Was too surprised to find out they were actually showing replays and didn't immediately swap to the "we'll be right back" splash screen at the intermission.

Sound was very soft but didn't distort when turned up on my receiver.

I don't put much value into scrimmages.  I missed most of this one but caught the shootouts.  I'd like to see them get the preseason games going against other teams.  For some reason it seems to me that the Sabres are slow in the preseason.  Other teams have already had their first preseason game against another club.  We are waiting until Tuesday.  The preseason games will give us a better idea to see who has chemistry and what young guys are ready to play for us.  I know...............patience.

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

I had no idea there was a scrimmage yesterday.  Would have been nice to watch while I was half asleep on the couch after the Bills game.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

You probably would have been fully asleep before the first period ended.

Really. Total snooze-fest but for one big hit, which wasn't the best idea.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All goals scored were given up by UPL. A good sign.

I predict he will struggle in the AHL this season.     

He's big, but his reaction time isn't NHL level and he just isn't athletic enough to make up for it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.