Jump to content

Analytics on the new guys


GASabresIUFAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I am no analytics guy but they should trade a LHD to Seattle for Borgen to get a better balance.

Add some grit to the D as well.

Don't have to trade for him.  If Sea tries to send him down we get first dibs on a waiver claim.  Right now I'd argue he is the 9th best D they have.  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Don't have to trade for him.  If Sea tries to send him down we get first dibs on a waiver claim.  Right now I'd argue he is the 9th best D they have.  

9th? Really!  Yikes. Yea he may be waived.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Don't have to trade for him.  If Sea tries to send him down we get first dibs on a waiver claim.  Right now I'd argue he is the 9th best D they have.  

My guess is they would trade him for anything before waiving him. Pretty sure they could get something for him.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

My guess is they would trade him for anything before waiving him. Pretty sure they could get something for him.

He’s the 9th best D on a expansion team.  He is a 24 year old D with 14 games of NHL experience with zero points in those games and couldn’t earn a permanent role on the worst team in the NHL.  How much do you think his trade value is?  A 5th? Less?  They also need depth in the AHL.  I can see them trying to sneak him down instead of trading him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He’s the 9th best D on a expansion team.  He is a 24 year old D with 14 games of NHL experience with zero points in those games and couldn’t earn a permanent role on the worst team in the NHL.  How much do you think his trade value is?  A 5th? Less?  They also need depth in the AHL.  I can see them trying to sneak him down instead of trading him.

A fifth is better than losing him on waivers. Sure we would claim him and if not us some team would. He can't go to the AHL without clearing waivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He’s the 9th best D on a expansion team.  He is a 24 year old D with 14 games of NHL experience with zero points in those games and couldn’t earn a permanent role on the worst team in the NHL.  How much do you think his trade value is?  A 5th? Less?  They also need depth in the AHL.  I can see them trying to sneak him down instead of trading him.

Hes a big young guy who can beat someone's ass when needed and is highly unproven in the NHL.

That doesn't mean he hasn't been effective in larger roles in the ahl and college.

The guy has value, I'm betting more than you think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hes a big young guy who can beat someone's ass when needed and is highly unproven in the NHL.

That doesn't mean he hasn't been effective in larger roles in the ahl and college.

The guy has value, I'm betting more than you think. 

I think that description is a little off. At 24 I wouldn’t call him “young” anymore. In hockey years. 
 

“beat someone’s ass” makes it sound like he’s a proven “tough guy”. I think a better way to say it is … on occasion he’s not against dropping the gloves with someone near his weight class. 
 

I don’t think he would drop the gloves every game, (not that it’s needed) or drop the gloves with the Reaves, or Wilson’s of the league.

 

I’d like to see Borgen back in the mix, but anything richer than a 5th, is too much IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I think that description is a little off. At 24 I wouldn’t call him “young” anymore. In hockey years. 
 

“beat someone’s ass” makes it sound like he’s a proven “tough guy”. I think a better way to say it is … on occasion he’s not against dropping the gloves with someone near his weight class. 
 

I don’t think he would drop the gloves every game, (not that it’s needed) or drop the gloves with the Reaves, or Wilson’s of the league.

 

I’d like to see Borgen back in the mix, but anything richer than a 5th, is too much IMO.

I'm not declaring him the next tough guy of the league, just someone who is willing and able if needed, and he is still "young" in terms of defensive development years IMO.

He didn't look out of place on the NHL and handled himself well in the AHL so some team will give him an opportunity I don't necessarily think it'll be Buffalo though. 

I guess what I'm saying is I believe he'll be in the NHL next season for somebody. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get why Pysyk doesn't get more playing time and hasn't really gone anywhere since he left here...he always seemingly plays a solid game, his analytics are good....is there something else missing?  Does he falter when they try and add anything but the basics to his plate so they intentionally ask him to play an exceedingly simple game?  It just doesn't really make sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't get why Pysyk doesn't get more playing time and hasn't really gone anywhere since he left here...he always seemingly plays a solid game, his analytics are good....is there something else missing?  Does he falter when they try and add anything but the basics to his plate so they intentionally ask him to play an exceedingly simple game?  It just doesn't really make sense to me.

His QoC was abyssmal last season, meaning his good corsi rates were potentially a product of playing very sheltered minutes.  This doesn't mean he's bad, but it doesn't demonstrate that he'd be good against better competition either.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

His QoC was abyssmal last season, meaning his good corsi rates were potentially a product of playing very sheltered minutes.  This doesn't mean he's bad, but it doesn't demonstrate that he'd be good against better competition either.

I thought his analytics when he was here playing more minutes were really good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...