2021 NHL Draft, Friday 7/23/2021, 8pm EST

WildCard

Just now, LTS said:

Having Weekes on the coverage will help. I’m a fan. I like Bucci as well.

overall though? Not great coverage.

Bucci is good but so far as a host he's bland as hell. Weekes is good. They need a little more action on the set. These old hockey minds get me nowhere.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

It's better than the tsn coverage which focuses on Canadian teams at nauseam.

TSN's coverage is great but they are a Canada-only broadcast so there's a reason they only cover their teams.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Bucci is good but so far as a host he's bland as hell. Weekes is good. They need a little more action on the set. These old hockey minds get me nowhere.

TSN's coverage is great but they are a Canada-only broadcast so there's a reason they only cover their teams.

But when NHL network simulcasted it, it was sickening.

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, Thorny said:

Sounds like there's a pretty decent chance Sabres don't make any more trades today 

At no point have I gotten the impression that a Jack deal was within striking distance of being done based on what all the big heads have said.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

At no point have I gotten the impression that a Jack deal was within striking distance of being done based on what all the big heads have said.

I kind of expected it to come somewhat out of the blue for some reason 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Sounds like there's a pretty decent chance Sabres don't make any more trades today 

And I'd be happy about that, I can't see us getting value for Eichel. I also think Sam better moving at trade deadline if he only gets a one year deal as like to see him as a #2C that I've been hoping for since traded ROR.

Just now, bunomatic said:

Only the NHL would go head to head with the Tokyo olympics opening day. What a bunch of friggin idiots. Every sports channel I have is flag waving nationalism at its finest. Gag me with a spoon. Bettman you suck.

The NHL has had this date before the Olympics I would bet.

Just now, bunomatic said:

Only the NHL would go head to head with the Tokyo olympics opening day. What a bunch of friggin idiots. Every sports channel I have is flag waving nationalism at its finest. Gag me with a spoon. Bettman you suck.

Pretty sure this was scheduled well before the 2020 Olympics got rescheduled

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think they take Power right now. I thought Eklund earlier but I think they go Power. I'm not gonna be upset but a little disappointed. 

Power's the safe pick but I don't think he's a great #1Dman like Pronger which to me is what need taking a Dman this high.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.