Jump to content

Sabres Big Decision


Hoss
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Any Canadian friends able to access this video and tell us losers in the US what the decision is? 

 

Just Dreger saying there isn’t much time before the draft and Buffalo wants to accumulate as many picks as possible because they are moving up to 3 big pieces.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

A whole bunch of Dreger nothingness. Eichel, Sam and Risto may be moved or they might not. Lots of flexibility in the marketplace. I want my 2 minutes back.

A little more specifics would be nice 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

A whole bunch of Dreger nothingness. Eichel, Sam and Risto may be moved or they might not. Lots of flexibility in the marketplace. I want my 2 minutes back.

Yeah, I love these 5 min segments breaking down the latest information regarding Sabres trade possibilities, and at the end they say “the situation is very fluid and changing all the time, can’t say anything with any certainty.”

I don’t believe that these guys know what’s going on with Buffalo right now at all.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I love these 5 min segments breaking down the latest information regarding Sabres trade possibilities, and at the end they say “the situation is very fluid and changing all the time, can’t say anything with any certainty.”

I don’t believe that these guys know what’s going on with Buffalo right now at all.

Sounds like they know just as much as we know. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I love these 5 min segments breaking down the latest information regarding Sabres trade possibilities, and at the end they say “the situation is very fluid and changing all the time, can’t say anything with any certainty.”

I don’t believe that these guys know what’s going on with Buffalo right now at all.

Maybe it could be that the Buffalo front office itself is also uncertain about what it wants to do.  In the end, it will be a lot running in place with no actual roster changes and a boring Friday night as the Sabres pick Power 1OA and call it a night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe it could be that the Buffalo front office itself is also uncertain about what it wants to do.  In the end, it will be a lot running in place with no actual roster changes and a boring Friday night as the Sabres pick Power 1OA and call it a night.

Nah, their draft board is done. Especially the top, they finalized that after interviews. 

That's how all teams work

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe it could be that the Buffalo front office itself is also uncertain about what it wants to do.  In the end, it will be a lot running in place with no actual roster changes and a boring Friday night as the Sabres pick Power 1OA and call it a night.

I doubt that.  I think that they do know what they want to do.  I don’t know when things will actually go down though.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I love these 5 min segments breaking down the latest information regarding Sabres trade possibilities, and at the end they say “the situation is very fluid and changing all the time, can’t say anything with any certainty.”

I don’t believe that these guys know what’s going on with Buffalo right now at all.

McDermott & Beane run a very tight ship.  Since Brandon & Berchtold were punted, there have been pretty much no leaks.  That team is no longer dysfunctional.

Pretty sure one of the things owners were adamant about when hiring Adams was that there would be no leaks.  And he's run a pretty quiet crew himself.  By design IMHO.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

McDermott & Beane run a very tight ship.  Since Brandon & Berchtold were punted, there have been pretty much no leaks.  That team is no longer dysfunctional.

Pretty sure one of the things owners were adamant about when hiring Adams was that there would be no leaks.  And he's run a pretty quiet crew himself.  By design IMHO.

I was thinking the same, Taro. The fact that nothing seems to be coming out of either this revamped front office or Granato gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe they are finally figuring out how to take a page from the football side of the Pegs' house. It's been tough to give this organization the benefit of the doubt but I'm hoping that's where we're headed...maybe. The next few days are critical and time will tell.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

McDermott & Beane run a very tight ship.  Since Brandon & Berchtold were punted, there have been pretty much no leaks.  That team is no longer dysfunctional.

Pretty sure one of the things owners were adamant about when hiring Adams was that there would be no leaks.  And he's run a pretty quiet crew himself.  By design IMHO.

 

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I was thinking the same, Taro. The fact that nothing seems to be coming out of either this revamped front office or Granato gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe they are finally figuring out how to take a page from the football side of the Pegs' house. It's been tough to give this organization the benefit of the doubt but I'm hoping that's where we're headed...maybe. The next few days are critical and time will tell.

Maybe they've finally figured out how to play poker the right way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

McDermott & Beane run a very tight ship.  Since Brandon & Berchtold were punted, there have been pretty much no leaks.  That team is no longer dysfunctional.

Pretty sure one of the things owners were adamant about when hiring Adams was that there would be no leaks.  And he's run a pretty quiet crew himself.  By design IMHO.

Berchtold came to my job about a year before he was let go. I recognized him and started a conversation. Took about 30 seconds from meeting me until he started offering info. Really nice guy tho. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

Berchtold came to my job about a year before he was let go. I recognized him and started a conversation. Took about 30 seconds from meeting me until he started offering info. Really nice guy tho. 

Yeah, the "dirty little secret" that everybody knew but nobody admitted was that he couldn't help but spill the beans on what the Bills were doing or going to do.

Kind of tough to get the upper hand in trade negotiations or when going after FAs when the other guys can see all your cards.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...