Expansion Draft -- Wed. July 21, 2021 (Release the Kraken)

Hoss

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Wonder if they might take Girgenson?

I posted earlier that I hope not.

He certainly won't make-or-break the Sabres and his contract is a tad high...but if they are going with a super-young roster this year, I think he can be an important piece.  Not to mention, he is like 4th or 5th on the team in even strength goals when he plays, and does it with less minutes than most other players.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Of the 9 they already have how many need to clear waivers to be sent down? They certainly won't carry 9+ into the season.

This is why I'm thinking they may not take one of our defenders

1 minute ago, Digger said:

Maybe Okposo

They do want high-character guys. And Okposo is one of the top guys available for that. (And he'd get them to the minimum pick floor.) But I doubt Buffalo would give them any sweeteners to take him; his cap hit is no longer all that constricting.

Just now, darksabre said:

Why are you people the way you are 

We're more fun this way.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Does Seattle taking all of these D-men mean they don't think they'll get Power, or maybe they don't like him even if he's there?

they need to take 9D, 14F, and 3G for their picks I believe as part of the expansion rules.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Actually, I kinda prefer this process of 'leaks' to the ESPN show tonight. I think i'm having more fun following the leaks and seeing the reaction and discussion now than I would be tonight.

I'm pretty sure ESPN will drag out the broadcast and turn a lot of it into something most of us would roll our eyes at.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Actually, I kinda prefer this process of 'leaks' to the ESPN show tonight. I think i'm having more fun following the leaks and seeing the reaction and discussion now than I would be tonight.

Yeah, I think the actual draft is kind of blah to make a show of it.

Listening to Seattle sports radio... which I don't normally do, is fun today. They're trying. But they're not hockey people and even though they've had a couple years to get ready. But they don't know any names, they don't know any pronunciations, etc. It's a bit silly. But they seem genuinely excited.

• Like (+1) 1

While this is interesting, I hope we don't have to wait long for any Sabres trades. Trades are what will REALLY get some good discussion going on this board....especially if they get another first round pick before the draft.  That would add so much to Friday nights draft.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

Based on reports so far: EDM: Larsson DAL: Oleksiak STL: Dunn TOR: McCann PHI: Twarynski FLA: Driedger OTT: Daccord TB: Gourde MTL: Fleury VAN: Lind PIT: Tanev WSH: Vanecek CGY: Girodano WPG: Mason Appleton NYI: Eberle NSH: Järnkrok COL: Donskoi CAR: Geekie MIN: Soucy CBJ: Bayreuther SJ: True ARI: Pitlick BOS: Lauzon NJ: Bastian LAK: McDermid ANA: Fleury

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Listening to Seattle sports radio... which I don't normally do, is fun today. They're trying. But they're not hockey people and even though they've had a couple years to get ready. But they don't know any names, they don't know any pronunciations, etc. It's a bit silly. But they seem genuinely excited.

I would have thought a lot of people in Seattle would be a lot more knowledgeable by now.  They are SO close to Vancouver. Just as we can get games out of Canada here (hockey night in canada) I would think they can also.

I mean, Seattle and Vancouver aren't that much farther apart than Buffalo and Rochester are (a little, but the northern suburbs of Seattle are just over an hour away from the suburbs of Vancouver.)

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

While this is interesting, I hope we don't have to wait long for any Sabres trades. Trades are what will REALLY get some good discussion going on this board....especially if they get another first round pick before the draft.  That would add so much to Friday nights draft.

when is the trade freeze lifted?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.