Expansion Draft -- Wed. July 21, 2021 (Release the Kraken)

Hoss

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Espn sucks

This is tired. They’re the best at what they do and that’s the reason they’ve been at the top so long. They have to be better with their hockey coverage but that’s obviously coming with the rights. Other networks without broadcast rights don’t touch the NHL either.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is tired. They’re the best at what they do and that’s the reason they’ve been at the top so long. They have to be better with their hockey coverage but that’s obviously coming with the rights. Other networks without broadcast rights don’t touch the NHL either.

They are? Says who? 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They are? Says who? 

Idk dude, I’m not sure if a lot of people know about the small family business in Hartford, Connecticut or their other branches throughout the country. Maybe if they get a chance to hold the biggest platform of any network in sports they’ll get more attention.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Idk dude, I’m not sure if a lot of people know about the small family business in Hartford, Connecticut or their other branches throughout the country. Maybe if they get a chance to hold the biggest platform of any network in sports they’ll get more attention.

No ***** clue what you're on about. 

Espn sucks. College GameDay is the only thing they do well. 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

You act like they just referred to the Hurricanes as the Carolina Panthers or something

You're acting weird about this. What a bizarre conversation. 

You're trying to convince me that my opinion of the broadcast is wrong. I don't honestly care. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Well so far they are sucking

Lol.  They are messing stuff up, and apparently being the largest sports media company in the world doesn’t mean that they can get all their microphones to work.

I do like this format better than the in studio style thing with 6 people sitting around a desk and they each have exactly 24 seconds to talk so no one gets the time to make a real point about anything.

That style of thing that the big networks seem to love is not unique to espn though.

Just now, Curt said:

Lol.  They are messing stuff up, and apparently being the largest sports media company in the world doesn’t mean that they can get all their microphones to work.

I do like this format better than the in studio style thing with 6 people sitting around a desk and they each have exactly 24 seconds to talk so no one gets the time to make a real point about anything.

That style of thing that the big networks seem to love is not unique to espn though.

Format is definitely better

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

ESPN is very good at money grubbing.  When the grubbing became worlds more important than the sports they started sucking.

When ESPN was part of the basic cable package they were so much better.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You're acting weird about this. What a bizarre conversation. 

You're trying to convince me that my opinion of the broadcast is wrong. I don't honestly care. 

The broadcast is certainly a little awkward and the Panthers thing was a joke because they had just done exactly that.

Shame on Jordan Eberle for saying Seattle has never had a cup.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I mean, it’s a 1:30 hour show that could be a 4 paragraph newspaper article and a list of names, so yeah, it’s a lot of fluff.

I think if I were a Kraken fan, I'd definitely be (four beers deep and) enjoying the fluff.  Look at that *****in' octopus!  I know that guy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Has any official pick been different from what was reported today? If not, I'll probably turn this off 

No, the reports are all correct and will continue to be. They’re coming straight from teams and agents.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.