Granato Head Coach Presser: Thursday 11am

WildCard

That "Petty things" comment (several times) from Adams was interesting. The Jack situation looks pretty bad for us. If he has to be moved other teams are sure going to low ball us 

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I'm sure they have the info, they're just not going to share that. There's no benefit to them sharing it.

Well, if he was healthy I'm sure that want everyone to know. 

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

That "Petty things" comment (several times) from Adams was interesting. The Jack situation looks pretty bad for us. If he has to be moved other teams are sure going to low ball us 

He literally does not have to be moved. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Seriously. These reporters will ask the same question 50 times.

and yet they didn't keep asking about talking to him but hey whatever. I think it means something Adams was so evasive, others do not. 

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Define "few."

I think you will see a very competitive, sound, and hardworking team with a lot of steady progress in the younger players next year shooting for .500, and then begin to really challenge for a playoff spot year 2.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Cutting through a lot of the fluff, the one thing Granato said, and has said pretty consistently, is that winning is going to be emphasized. It's not a small change.

Its a bit strange though. Winning should always be emphasized. Fully completely. 

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Cutting through a lot of the fluff, the one thing Granato said, and has said pretty consistently, is that winning is going to be emphasized. It's not a small change.

I'd love to hear this from KA. 

Granato has said something to the affect of this before - one of the biggest reasons I like what I hear from him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I think you will see a very competitive, sound, and hardworking team with a lot of steady progress in the younger players next year shooting for .500, and then begin to really challenge for a playoff spot year 2.

Funny.  Keep Eichel & Reinhart, re-sign McCabe & Ullmark, add Danault & another goalie and that can start THIS season rather than hopefully in a couple.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Its a bit strange though. Winning should always be emphasized. Fully completely. 

True. I haven't had that feeling for a long time. Even when they had that winning streak, as soon as they tailed off, the GM sat on his hands. If Granato, Adams and Karmanos can rid the franchise of this notion that "just" making the playoffs is a sin that endangers some future dynasty, perhaps they will save us all.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Funny.  Keep Eichel & Reinhart, re-sign McCabe & Ullmark, add Danault & another goalie and that can start THIS season rather than hopefully in a couple.

Is it a moot point? Has Eichel sounded like he wants to return? I think the importance of finding out from Adams if he talked to Eichel was that perhaps the coach hire softened his stance and maybe the relationship was warming back up. At least they'd be talkin'.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Not all the answers… But a good chunk of the answers were very canned/standard/typical/run-of-the-mill. There were a few things gleaned from what DG and KA said. But like every other press conference… It was rather typical and uneventful.

Agree which is why they are a waste of time

17 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

That would be year 3 for KA. Better go 1 for 1 that season, or as we've seen with Sabres GMs, usually 3 years is the end of their rope

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Agree which is why they are a waste of time

And yet a lot fans salivate in anticipation of them.

” well maybe THIS time we’ll get some answers that we want“ 😂

don’t get me wrong, it is nice to hear from the new hires. I just have extremely low expectations as to what is going to be said that is of any substance. and with that frame of mind I’m rarely disappointed 😂

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He literally does not have to be moved. 

I’m totally ok with that. But really getting the feeling Jack isn’t. But he signed the contract here and if we don’t get good value, I’d keep him. Let him sit out if he wants to, but I wouldn’t take a crap return like the Ranger seem to want to offer 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it a moot point? Has Eichel sounded like he wants to return? I think the importance of finding out from Adams if he talked to Eichel was that perhaps the coach hire softened his stance and maybe the relationship was warming back up. At least they'd be talkin'.

Don't know those answers.  And said yesterday that really wanted him to answer Q's about Eichel though fully expected he wouldn't.  And the ideal scenario IMHO would be him answering as you propose.

Just see this expected selling off of "the big 3" as resetting the clock back once again on this rebuild.  Am still hoping everybody is off base on the expectations, but every day that seems less & less likely.  

And do realize that at some point, this team will end up with enough talent to be relevant, whether by design or merely lucking into it.  Heck, even the Loafs made it to the semifinals once in the Ballard years proving that blind nuts can find squirrels every now & then.

But this team has pieces now and they don't have to step back to step forward.  We're on the verge of a 3rd rebuild from close to scratch in 7 years.  At some point they have stop stepping back.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I like how he stressed the fact the players here and now are going to improve going forward. Improve individually and as a team 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I like how he stressed the fact the players here and now are going to improve going forward. Improve individually and as a team 

these are just cliches...what else is he going to say? We will continue to suck...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.