Granato Head Coach Presser: Thursday 11am

WildCard

Just now, PASabreFan said:

He only mentioned the agent specifically.

Wrong. We talk to ALL players. Jack is one of ALL players. You see it differently… you want to try to poke holes in that… Go right ahead have at it. I know what words he said. You can choose to believe it or not. And so can I.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Wrong. We talk to ALL players. Jack is one of ALL players. You see it differently… you want to try to poke holes in that… Go right ahead have at it. I know what words he said. You can choose to believe it or not. And so can I.

It was odd though that he didn't just say "yes, I've talk to Jack." it would have been the easier response. 

DG on potential trades and top picks, what's lacking: "A lot of strong pieces entering the organization." Bjork, Quinn, UPL, Peterka. Samuelsson. "So many exciting pieces that will fill areas on a winning roster." Plus any potential trades. "Anything and everything is exciting. A lot of potential in the form of talent ready to take big steps in a short span."

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Like I said, he didn't mention Jack specifically. It's telling.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Like the phrase "players wanting to be here?" I heard that once, said by John Wawrow.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

DG on potential trades and top picks, what's lacking: "A lot of strong pieces entering the organization." Bjork, Quinn, UPL, Peterka. Samuelsson. "So many exciting pieces that will fill areas on a winning roster." Plus any potential trades. "Anything and everything is exciting. A lot of potential in the form of talent ready to take big steps in a short span."

I agree because it would have been easy to just say "yes, I talked to Eichel."

What's your secret sauce for player development, asks Zubaz wall guy. More freedom for Dahlin. There's a balance to coaching a team with a focus on development.  "Help them find their identity."

Players' identity at lower level might not apply to NHL.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Not telling to me… at all.

Eichel is a Sabre until he’s not. Nothing shocking. Nothing new. Nothing odd. Eichel is being shopped. Yawn.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree because it would have been easy to just say "yes, I talked to Eichel."

But that opens up the can of worms as to what specifically they spoke about asked by several questioners.

Personally, annoyed that Eichel is as good as gone.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Taro T said:

But that opens up the can of worms as to what specifically they spoke about asked by several questioners.

Personally, annoyed that Eichel is as good as gone.

No it doesn't. "I have talked to eichel and will keep those conversations between us"

DG: We talked about winning right away. "You can chase one win, chase analytics and correct one thing." You'll hit that threshhold and win more. Coaches set the narrative. Experience in starting franchises and stepping into existing ones. "This game when it's played right is entertaining. We're going to play to win, but in that process you have to be entertaining." Passion, compete: entertainment.

Just now, Taro T said:

You honestly don't expect that he'd then get asked that followup about 15 times by these pros?

He just asked follow ups for not mentioning Eichel. It is telling that he wouldn't say he has spoken to Jack Eichel. It is the easiest question to answer. 

Did you talk to Eichel

Yes, we have spoken this summer but I will keep those conversations between us like I do with all our players

Easiest *****... instead we got word salad about talking to all kinds of ppl about things and stuff. 

Adams: I knew Don when I got this job (GM). "As we had more conversations when he was an assistant, certain characteristics stood out." DG reset the focus of our players, changed mindsets.

Pretty clear Adams' mind was made up before the "search," which Adams now admits was "selfish."

Adams: "Natural pressure points (for trades; draft, deadline day)." "I'm looking at anything and everything." "We have to fix" the team. Won't feel pressure to make a trade at the draft for optics-sake.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He just asked follow ups for not mentioning Eichel. It is telling that he wouldn't say he has spoken to Jack Eichel. It is the easiest question to answer. 

Did you talk to Eichel

Yes, we have spoken this summer but I will keep those conversations between us like I do with all our players

Easiest *****... instead we got word salad about talking to all kinds of ppl about things and stuff. 

Agree to disagree.  With it pretty obvious the Sabres are shopping Eichel, any response that yes, he has spoken to Eichel, turns the entire call into one about Eichel.  This way there are still questions about other aspects of his taking over.  IMHO.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Agree to disagree.  With it pretty obvious the Sabres are shopping Eichel, any response that yes, he has spoken to Eichel, turns the entire call into one about Eichel.  This way there are still questions about other aspects of his taking over.  IMHO.

I think you are 100% wrong. It was the easiest softball and it was a word salad inviting tons of speculation. 

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Personally I think this is ***** because all Adams has to say is "those conversations are private and I won't comment on them". Ends it right there and the fact you somehow think reporters would continue to waste time asking about it while Adams just has to repeat it is bizarre to me. 

I don't think Adams has talked to Eichel much if at all and I think it is all going through Eichel's agents. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think you are 100% wrong. It was the easiest softball and it was a word salad inviting tons of speculation. 

Personally I think this is ***** because all Adams has to say is "those conversations are private and I won't comment on them". Ends it right there and the fact you somehow think reporters would continue to waste time asking about it while Adams just has to repeat it is bizarre to me. 

I don't think Adams has talked to Eichel much if at all and I think it is all going through Eichel's agents. 

To the bolded, have you honestly never seen this crew in action?  For you to think they wouldn't continue to pursue it in that scenario is very interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.