Sabres Option: Trading the Pick for a Roster Player

Eleven

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I know Craig Reevay broached the subject on the radio.  I see a scenario with Seattle much more plausible than trading for a rostered player.  If the Kraken really want Owen Power to be the face of their franchise and the Sabres really like a player not named Owen Power a lot more, a see a deal worked out with the Kraken guaranteeing they’ll take player x in the expansion draft so the Sabres can keep all the players they like, draft the kid they want and Seattle getting their face.  Doubt any of it happens though. 

The only way I consider this is if they take Okposo and I don’t see that happening.

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You dont think the 1OA could get Quinton Byfield?

No.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who you adding ? 

I’m adding Jack Eichel and taking out 1OA.

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You dont think the 1OA could get Quinton Byfield?

12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No way.

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Who you adding ? 

Owen Power or Beniers would barely crack the top 7/8 in last years draft from my understanding. The only way to get Byfield is through Eichel or Reinhart

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No.

I’m adding Jack Eichel and taking out 1OA.

Exactly. Which, I don't want to do, but it may happen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

There have been a lot of threads going around and I'm not sure this deserves another one but:  as a thought experiment what if the Sabres were to make one blockbuster trade in the offseason, what might it look like?  So maybe Eich, Reino, Risto, maybe a salary dump (Okie/Skinner), and the first, for.... ?  Is there a team out there who would trade a couple of top sixers back, along with a strong goalie prospect/#1 goalie, and....?

Is there a team out there that needs to shake things up to that extent?  Maybe Toronto or Edmonton (ugh) who seem to have a good team but never get deep in the playoffs?

I'm thinking of players that would complement what everyone is starting to call the young core.

I think this could be a thing, but I doubt it would be a blockbuster where everyone is moved in one trade.

For the record, again ... I don't think that Eich, or Samson should be traded, Risto I think so, especially if we keep the pick and take Power.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Absolutely, as long as it involves a good player 25-and-under who we can sign long term.

I am sick of the approach that the players we acquire have to be 20 or 18.

We have 12 players 25 and under on our roster picked in the top 35, six of them in the top 8.

Add some players who can lead Casey and Rasmus and Dylan, or be their partners, not more followers.

I don't know what kind of leader he is, but one player I would want in this scenario would be 24 year old Mitch Marner.

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Power, sam for byfield

Is a wild overpayment.

You either deal Reinhart or Eichel to LA Kings for Byfield +, or you forget about him. We have nothing to add for Byfield to get to him with 1OA as the starting point that we want to part with (i.e. Cozens, Quinn)

Edited by WildCard

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Is a wild overpayment.

You either deal Reinhart or Eichel to LA Kings for Byfield +, or you forget about him. We have nothing to add for Byfield to get to him with 1OA as the starting point that we want to part with (i.e. Cozens, Quinn)

Agreed. There isn’t a logical match to land Byfield without either giving them Jack or severely overpaying with multiple assets to the point where it does not make sense for us.

Would 1OA get us Dumba, Rossi and Minnesota’s pick (21)?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Is a wild overpayment.

You're  saying  Reinhart for byfield 

Or 10A ,quinn for Byfield. 

If that's what you're saying then

Yes please 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Agreed. There isn’t a logical match to land Byfield without either giving them Jack or severely overpaying with multiple assets to the point where it does not make sense for us.

No. I would trade 1st overall straight up for Marco Rossi though. 

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It might fetch two out of the three, and I'm very, very in favor of it.

If it’s two of the three make it the players (Dumba and Rossi) but idk if I’d do it without all three.

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No. I would trade 1st overall straight up for Marco Rossi though. 

That’s a definite no for me but Minnesota feels like a good team to call here.

So you guys want to trade the top pick with a sure thing for a different prospect likely also good? Makes no sense to me. You want Byfield or Rossi or whoever in an Eichel or Reinhart deal sure, I'm all in, but rotating picks and prospects is pointless imo. Power will be a dominant player. Beniers will likely also be very good, maybe great. No reason to not take them.

If you're talking about a different older roster player no thank you. Not going to trade a young guy who we can develop for some guy who might pull a Taylor Hall on us if he hates it here. No thank you. Build with youth and give them a proper culture to embrace here. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The first overall wouldn't fetch Rossi 

NM Dumba AND their pick lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.