GDT:Sabres at Rangers. 4/27/21 7pm MSG WGR550

Brawndo

UPL was pretty good, but I still think if their plan is to play him as one of our 2 goalies next year it's a mistake.

Refs definitely seemed to favour the Rangers. Some real BS calls when it mattered.

Decent effort, kind of the same. Cozens made that early gaff but then seemed to turn it up for the rest of the game. Shows character to me. I like that. Also liked Borgen. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a Shane. They put in the effort. UPL was terrific. Couldn't cash in their chances.

True dat.  Luukkonnen looked very good tonight.  The team seemed to believe in him tonight.   For the most part, they didn't over chase back up to the blue line opening the slot shots that have been killers.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Not bad effort wise but they didn't really get enough high quality chances.

In a losing effort, no by definition they didn't get enough chances, but they got chances.  Problem is, Shesterkin is playing really well right now.  That, and several of those chances came from the 4th line. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

UPL was pretty good, but I still think if their plan is to play him as one of our 2 goalies next year it's a mistake.

Refs definitely seemed to favour the Rangers. Some real BS calls when it mattered.

Decent effort, kind of the same. Cozens made that early gaff but then seemed to turn it up for the rest of the game. Shows character to me. I like that. Also liked Borgen. 

To the bolded, 100%.  They need to head into next season w/ 2 Ullmark/+ quality goalies.  Ra-cha-cha will be in good shape w/ Luukonnen & Tokarski.

And, after how this season went, will be shocked if anything less is what they end up with.

Just now, Brawndo said:

The Devils have five games left against the Flyers 

I'd rather be looking at the prospect of adding a 3rd overall pick to a strong finishing team than the 1st overall to a team who's late season "run" was revealed to be fool's gold. 

Mostly cause 1 overall will be Power 😅

3 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Donnie Meatballs is going to be looking for a new job after the season ends....

He's done a commendable job considering the situation but.....I'll pass........ 

Yes he has done a fine job considering the situation and the key injuries.  

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I'd rather be looking at the prospect of adding a 3rd overall pick to a strong finishing team than the 1st overall to a team who's late season "run" was revealed to be fool's gold. 

Mostly cause 1 overall will be Power 😅

No it won't. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

So, you're saying they're out of the race for 31st? 😉

Sabres can still pass Anaheim & MAYBE the Otters.

The Sabres at best will get 7 more points this season and that's on the high end. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

So, you're saying they're out of the race for 31st? 😉

Sabres can still pass Anaheim & MAYBE the Otters.

I think the Sabres pass Anaheim, they are losing every game 4-1. 

I think the six point deficit from Ottawa will be tougher with two games versus the Bruins, Isles and Penguins a piece 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it won't. 

The Sabres at best will get 7 more points this season and that's on the high end. 

Could see an absolute outside shot at 8 points if the Pens are locked in or out of the playoffs.  But realistically they'll get about 3 more points out of these last 6.  (Especially if Tokarski or Hutton get a significant fraction of the remaining games.)

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is where our entire team suffers. Asplund just had time to slaughter Fox. Didn't even touch him... and Fox was able to make an easy, uncontested pass, because he knew none of our forwards will finish a hard check. Fox should have been buried there.

Yep, other than losses, one thing this Sabres team leads the league in is fewest penalty minutes.

”But, doesn’t that just mean they’re disciplined?”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.